Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big sudden problem has hit our bmax. There is no sound at all from any of the speakers. No radio, no sat nav, no reverse or front sensor sounds, nothing at all. I've had the radio out and checked the connectors and they all seem snuggly fitted. What else can be the issue? Please send help quickly.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sounds strange, I suppose it goes without saying that' you've been through all of the menus ?
I think the mute button only affects the radio etc ?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Hadrian, honestly, thank you I was/am hoping we've missed a trick somewhere. But yep, been through all the menus, absolutely all the sound that is associated with the Sony stereo isn't working. Radio, CD, USB, reverse noise, navigation and mobile phone. Absolutely nothing. I've pulled each and every fuse from both the fuse box under the bonnet and the fuse box behind the glove box. I've had the complete stereo out, absolutely every last bit of the stereo.
The car is now sat with the battery disconnected, hoping for a hard reset.
Someone please help.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Is there a display on the radio? This does sound a bit of an odd one. You have gone through all the steps I would have.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All the display works as per it should. Reverse camera pops up, front sensors illuminate, sat nav works. Because I know how it goes, I can even "call" someone via Bluetooth. It recognises the name I am saying to it, but it doesn't have any sound at all out of the speakers, none, nadsa, zilch. And it has me stumped. Totally stumped. Can ford technicians diagnose faults with the stereo?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers hywel, it kinda gives me another angel, but having had the 'stereo' part of the car out, it doesn't have a fuse of its own, nor does any of the wires look out of place. I'm gonna have to book it in at ford for a diagnostic then hopefully, get stuck into ford/Sony customer services. As the car is only 4 years old. I realise that it is out of warranty but for a major electrical component to break down, seems a little wrong to me and I hope to appeal to their better nature, if indeed it needs a new audio unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts