Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on my situation ... I have a 2013 1.4 petrol B-max and when I'm driving and turn on the headlights the car seems to loose power for a few seconds then returns to normal is this a safety feature or do I have an issue ?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Soundds like an issue as in 40 years of driving, ive never had this occur. Someone needs to test the electrics to see what is causing this.

My b max has auto lights and i never notice that they have come on until i glance at the dashboard.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so called ford assist and they sent the AA this was what they put in the report
Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - 7BM / SIM 22EUP0504 - Brake switch A/B. Error Message : No coincidence.found loss of power present when switching headlights on while driving. The above fault code present. Possible issue with brake light switches. Checked fuses, all appear ok. Carried out volt drop on main earths, 0.1v present 25amps present at alternator with headlights switched off and 35amps with headlights on. Battery voltage stays at 14.1v with lights on and off. Unable to diagnose at roadside. Garage inspection required. Advised member that vehicle is ok to drove with headlights off. Take to nearest Ford dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.