Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my BMAX since November. We live in a country that - like UK - get its share of rain and mud. We have children that enter the car with boots full of play (and dirt).

So, the seats get dirty.

But HOW do I get them clean again ? No matter how much I wash on the hard plastic parts, they look clean when whet, and as soon as they dry up, dirty again.

Anyone have some tips ? Must be same problem in UK, no matter if car is Left or Right version.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Get rid of the children !! Sorry could not resist that one and only joking !! That seems to be a familiar problem particularly with the plastics. Try steam cleaning.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I used to use gun cleaning oil when I had kids. A very thin oil such as 3 in 1 would also do, sprayed on a cloth then rubbed on and dried off. It didn't leave an oily finish.

Have you tried Halfords for interior cleaner? It is good for plastic and I have used it in the B-MAX but not on mud. I can get the name (lazy watching tv atm) if you need it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have3 choices for you. If you do not mind spending money Autoglym plastic and bumper restorer is brilliant, and a nice smell too.

Secondlyany type of silicone cleaner eg: Back to Black etc. It brings the black finish back to any type of trim or dash.

And last but not least, if you do not mind the smell, a little WD 40 on a cloth will make evertything look good again. WD40 is also good for completely removing in grained wax polish from your bumpers and trim after you have polished your car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
We also have grandchildren who love putting feet on backs of seats!!

I wipe off most mud with damp leather or sponge then on the plastic I use Vinyl cleaner or on a cloth seat use a general interior spray cleaner.Vinyl cleaner tends to be a bit oily so dont get it on cloth seats but it does make the car smell like new!!!!

Of course UK has better quality mud than most other countries and theres plenty of it at the moment.

Im on top of the White Cliffs of Dover.....not a bluebird in sight??? Best Wishes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts