Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm Russ. I pick up my new B-Max this coming Saturday.
I am moving on from a 51 plate Focus Ghia. It was my intention to continue with a Focus but just couldn't get on with the seating of the new models.

Whilst in the showroom I sat in the B-Max and immediately said "that's it". I hope my experience turns out to be as good as the anticipation.

Let you know how it goes.

R.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Russbow said:
Thank you for the welcomes.

Pick up car on Saturday :) Any snagits I need to look for?
One of the big things mentioned here was the problem with differing shades of white. Another was the need to make sure you get a spare wheel. Other than that, check online what you should have fitted/installed and check that they are there. (I forget the name of the link where to get that official information via your VIN number but somebody will remember)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up the car today from Gates in Bishops Stortford. Top marks to the salesman who has dealt with me from the start.

He called it a Fiesta on steroids. I suggested a more fitting description was a Fiesta with patio doors.

Been raining hard all day so not the best of driving conditions to settle in to a new vehicle. The wipers seemed strange at first, wiping from the middle out, blades going in opposite directions but I wasn't aware / troubled by the problems reported in other threads of incomplete wipe.

Seems strange not to have to put in an ignition key and not being able to check the wing mirror prior to opening the door.

All in all a pleasing initial experience. Trip up the M1 next week will give me a better feel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The old Focus was manual. Get out, shut door, push in mirror.

With the B max, park, press switch to pull in mirrors, turn off engine, crane neck to check behind, open door.

Bet I'm missing something important

·
Registered
155 Posts
When you park there is no need to activate mirror switch to pull in mirrors, as you lock the car the mirrors will automatically pull in provided you have activated the system.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bet he was told how to fold the mirrors and folded them before getting out. He will not know they fold automatically on locking the doors if he keeps doing that.

I wonder if that auto locking facility can be turned off? Maybe it is on his?

·
Registered
155 Posts
As I have said before on this forum,"please get over the macho way and READ THE MANUAL"

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
My comment about whether or not the auto locking could be turned off was a thought which came to me whilst typing the post. I look upon posts as conversations, rather than instructions and of course, having had that thought I would RTFM, don't need reminding

Thanks for suggesting I am macho
I also like to think I am just that, with a screwed on head too.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
makem said:
Bet he was told how to fold the mirrors and folded them before getting out. He will not know they fold automatically on locking the doors if he keeps doing that.

I wonder if that auto locking facility can be turned off? Maybe it is on his?

Yes I was shown that. No I didn't know they folded automatically. Yes, it transpired they were turned off.

and READ THE MANUAL

I think the manual is very poor. Look up mirrors - 2 pages referenced, no real info. You need more than a "normal" level of intelligence to find your way through it to address a particular query. Probably the worst "instruction book" I have ever seen.

Love the car though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts