Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Some great advice on here that has been really useful when considering whether to buy a B-Max, and last night we took the plunge.

On getting the car home though I realised that the manual is a bit sparse on set up instructions. Particularly with SYNC!

Any advice out there on what to do and not to do on first set up? Anything that people wished they had known from the outset that they have the knowledge of now?

We have a 1.6 Diesel Titanium, 13 plate, with 25k on the clock - so hopefully it is nicely broken in. When looking at it I was pretty convinced that I would be able to work things out easily, but once I sat in the driver seat and looked at all the buttons and menu options I nipped into the house with the manual and felt like my dad with a new phone........

Any hints and tips would be most welcome!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Haha, yes a lot of knobs and buttons on my titanium x compared to my previous fiesta zetec.

I just kept checking the manual, driving the car, rechecking the manual, etc until i got used to it.

I could drive it ok from day one, but it took a couple of months til i got used to all the knobs and switches.

Most recent things i have found and used are the max heat button and max cooling button along with the button to retract the mirrors as a reselt of having one knocked off by a mental golf driver on the wrong side of the road.

Youve got switches, buttons, stalk operation, steering wheel buttons to get used to, then sync and voice controls to fathom. For some reason, voicecontrols workk nowhere near as well as the fiesta even though the system is practically the same.

Lots of tips and advice here too as and when you néed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts