Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I hope everyone is good.
I joined because I'm having some trouble with my car. She is only a year old and the gear box seems to be faulty. It's an automatic and at the shop they said the juddering happens a lot on their automatics. I'm wondering if she meant in ford's automatics or B max. It also has trouble getting into 3nd and launches forward when it does. Anyone else have an auto with these problems?
Jan x

·
Registered
418 Posts
The BMax autos seem to suffer from a lot of gearbox problems, and several people in this forum have had the box replaced. Do not stand for any messing from your dealer, tell them to refer to the factory.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The car is under warranty so getting a courtesy car should be a formality. Report the issue to your Motability Office, they will be familiar with the B Max warranty issues. The problem you are experiencing makes the car dangerous to drive. Take care.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi bozzykinz

Interested to hear how you fared with your gearbox on your B-max. I too will be receiving an automatic B-max soon and beginning to have negative thoughts regarding the automatic version. I'm told it's the same auto box as the Fiesta and there appears to be fewer problems there. I'm particularly interested how the Garage are responding, or have responded to your problems with the box. Are you being fobbed off ?, are they sympathetic and willing to resolve the problem ?, have you indeed received a new gearbox.?

Jaycee

·
Registered
418 Posts
There have been quite a few problems with the B Max auto gear box. Even if Ford have not made these issues public, I am sure that they have been working behind the scenes to rectify any problems, and that all cars coming off the production line are now modified and clear of this fault.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there. I took the car into the garage. There was a LOT of messing about to get an automatic courtesy car, the dealership don't have any autos!! I hired one from a hire place through motability though thankfully.Anyway they stripped the greabox down and found no fault. they said it needed a software update only. I got it back and drove home. I believe they have made it change gear at higher revs now as it was faster, although I may have been used to the beast I had been driving all week lol. Anyway the juddering was still there, not as noticable but still there. Next day I went on the motorway and when I got off it and back on b roads the juddering was bad again. It started bunny hopping from take off and launching forward as it went into 2nd again then juddering until it picked up speed. Now it maks a noise on every gear change! I am taking it back asap!! I presume they didnt drive it so they don;t know what I mean. I will have to request that the mechanic comes with me while I have a drive around!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts