6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

Just got my 63 bmax 1.6 auto for abt a month,
The clutch is fine, thanks god
It's nice car I'd say, I like the doors most, heavy and solid
Drive just like a sporty hatch back
But some of the parts are..... Budget made
The 1st is speakers, they just sound wrong, could be better if my ears on my feet
So I changed front pair of speakers,
Now I'm looking a underseat woofer.....well, it wouldnt be able to fit in there anyway
I'm going to put it to the boot

The problem is I'm not too sure how to remove the stereo to get those wires
My best guess is pull the top bit out 1st
Could anyone kindly help me with that, pls
Am I right or there is another way to start
Thank you very much

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome along Ben,What did you use for the new front speakers? Did it improve the sound much with the standard head unit?

I would really like to do the same if you get a decent improvement from it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi Ben. My Bmax has the Sony upgrade head unit and I am assuming the speakers are upgraded, I am sure sme will let us both know if this is wrong.But, try and get a cheap Sony Bmax head unit and speakers, they will fit straight in!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys
I put a pair of vibe slick6C front speakers, sound much better than before, tweeters much shaper, woofer still not enough but ok if u are not turn it to silly loud, volume 12 to 15 is still ok, the headunit stay as standard
Also I put a pioneer TS-WX710A Space-Saving Flat Amplified Subwoofer, don't expect sound like 12" box, but really enough for fill the bass in the carEdited by: Ben

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
I'm not too sure mine is upgrade unit, but mine is with nav, front parking sensors and rear cam unit,
But still..... The standard speakers are...... just sound wrong, the rear speakers doesn't sound that bad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts