Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and greetings to all members!

I am very glad I found this forum while researching ford b-max. I have already found plenty of very useful information. Well done to all of you for great participation.

I am looking to buy a family car. Last Saturday when visiting a Ford dealer ford b-max come into the equation. I was interested i c-max initially; however, wife likes the size of b-max much more (c-max is too big for her liking). She will be driving the car for the most times - so fair enough - she need to feel comfortable. I like the car a lot actually. The sliding rear doors and lack of the middle pillar are great for accessibility. The size of boot is generous.
We drove 1L 100PS ecoboost 'around the block'- it was nice and responsive at speeds up to 30, we both liked it. We did not insist to drive any further as at this stage this car was entirely new to us.

I would like to ask forum members please:

1. how is driving a 1L eco boost 120hp on a highway at approx 80-90 mph (my concern is that a small engine may find it a bit difficult, may be noisy)

2. sliding door has a cable connecting the door to car body - this cable is slightly exposed when the door is in open position - has anyone ever had a problem with getting this cable accidentally pulled/ snapped/ caught in the sliding mechanism?

3. sliding door mechanism - is it likely to get stuck/ twisted/ broken in any way damaged - i have no experience with such a system so i am not certain if it is likely to give problems.

4. from experience- if there is anything I should pay particular attention when buying - all suggestions are very welcome.

5. ford lifetime warranty - has anyone used it - would you recommend? I understand that it costs £500 a year and you do not have to worry about literally anything (this is what our dealer told us).

Thank you for the time you took to read my long post and for any answers/ suggestions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:Word>
<w:View>Normal</w:View>
<w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
<w:TrackMoves/>
<w:Trackatting/>
<w:punctuationKerning/>
<w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/>
<w:SaveIfInvalid>false</w:SaveIfInvalid>
<w:IgnoreMixed>false</w:IgnoreMixed>
<w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>
<w:DonotPromoteQF/>
<w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther>
<w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian>
<w:LidThemeComplex>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplex>
<w:Compatibility>
<w:BreakWrappedTables/>
<w:SnapToGridInCell/>
<w:WrapTextWithPunct/>
<w:UseAsianBreakRules/>
<w:DontGrowAutofit/>
<w:SplitPgBreakAndark/>
<w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/>
<w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/>
<w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/>
<w:Word11KerningPairs/>
<w:CachedColBalance/>
</w:Compatibility>
<w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel>
<m:mathPr>
<m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/>
<m:brkBin m:val="before"/>
<m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/>
<m:smallFrac m:val="off"/>
<m:dispDef/>
<m:lMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:rMargin m:val="0"/>
<m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/>
<m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/>
<m:intLim m:val="subSup"/>
<m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/>
</m:mathPr></w:Word>
<!-->

1. I have 100PS version, and it is generally very quiet, so
80-90 mph is not a problem, except that it will get a bit thirsty at that
speed. B-max is quite heavy, and 100 PS version is a bit lacking in
acceleration, but once at speed it is fine.

2 and 3 - never had any problem with the cable and sliding door. My previous car was Citroen Berlingo, also with sliding doors, no problems with that one either.

4 - avoid automatic at any cost. If automatic is a must, I suggest to look at
some other brand. Apart from that, it seems to be OK (I had no issues so far,
allthough my car is less than 2 years old, so it is to be expected).
About negatives - i am a bit dissapointed with the engine, it lacks the low-rev grunt of the diesel (allthogh numbers suggest othervise - 170 Nm at 1400 rpm should be plenty), but once you let it rev a bit higher, it is OK for overtaking etc. Never tried the 120 PS version thou...Another thing that is a bit annoying is that (in warm veather), electric auxillary coolant pump continues to run for 10 minutes after the engine is switched off, supposedly to cool of the turbine. It is not very loud, so usualy not noticeable on the parking lot, but in the garage it is clearly audible.I was afraid that it may drain the battery, but it didn't happen so far.

<!--if gte mso 9>
<w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemi="true" DefQat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267">
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Normal"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="ing 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" Qat="true" Name="ing 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" Qat="true" Name="caption"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtitle"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Strong"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="No Spacing"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" Semi="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Qat="true" Name="Book Title"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/>
<w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Qat="true" Name="TOC ing"/>
</w:LatentStyles>
<!--><!--if gte mso 10>

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<!-->5. don't know about that, I am on the different country/market

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply.

Regarding transmission - I am considering manual so should be safe here.

Regarding engine power- during my test-drive I had a feeling that 120 PS engine would give the car a bit more umpf when overtaking and getting it to speed.

Thank you for the detailed description of electric auxiliary coolant pump - I would be definitely on alert if I noticed this without prior knowledge.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi I will try an answer. Work is quiet today..

1. I have the 100 ecoboost it's enough power the turbo is good. I read on a US forum that you can have 'eco' or 'boost' but not both
at the same time..
2. On the cable it's not really noticeable. I never even think about it even with 3 kids.
3. Sliding door. Well no problems but needs common sense for example if you park on a steep hill it will be hard/very easy to open/close.

4. I have a manual. Unless there is a special reason i think it's a small car for an automatic. Clutch is a litlle heavy though in my opinion but ok.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
One thing I would add is that you need to make good use of the gears to access that extra power. I will often change from 5th to third to overtake and accellerate in 4th until i get to motorway speeds.

I like the car and engine combo very much, though mine is the 123 bhp version.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Andymayo and cinpars,

after reading your comments I feel reassured about the sliding door. I like them a lot and did not want this liking to get in a way of a sound assessment.

I am going to get manual - I grew up with manuals - do not really like automatic (i like changing gears)

and ascianpars
said - i will be leaning towards 120 PS engine.

Please let me know if anyone has experience with 'ford lifetime warranty' as it seems a bit pricy and i have not read through small print yet. I may start a new post where I publish all my findings about this.

Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good choice! The B-max is a decent car particularly for 2nd hand money. It feels a bit more expensive than it is imo, from the driving experience which is the best way round. Driven many hirecars over the years and not been so impressed with the Korean or supposed better quality German makes..Edited by: Andymayo

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I chose the 123 bhp titanium x model, though anything from the zetec upwards is a good buy.

I conaidered the orher engine and gearbox combos and felt that i had chosen the right one. 2,500 miles later, i still feel it was the right decision.

Sliding doors are no problem and have been more useful than i expected and the panoramic sunroof does give the car the feeling of light, space and airiness. Also the reflective glass hwlps keep the carcool. Ive only needed to use the blinds on one occasion.

Stadium seating provides more legroom for rear passengers too.

Economy close to 45 mpg is pretty good too, though i dont do muxh town driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hicianpars,
Thank you for your comments!

What is 'stadium seating' please? Quick google search does not return anything meaningful...
Is this an option to rearrange/ move/ slide seats in a particular trim of the b-max?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Haha, no. It means that the rear seats are higher than the front giving a nice view for passengers in the back but more importantly, extra leg room.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi porylo

I road tested both the 100hp and 120hp before buying. To be honest there really wasn't that much in it in my opinion, a little quicker off the mark but that's all really. For the extra dosh the dealer wanted for the 120hp, I did'nt think it worth it. I am more than happy with 100hp which out performs my old Focus 1.6 hatchback2002 model.

Never had a problem with sliding doors.

Only gripe is the seat belts that tend to dig into the neck and shoulder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HiWillow,
Thank you for your reply!

I have spoken to dealer again - and he told me that the car I had taken for a test drive was a 120 hp, not 100 hp as he claimed at the time.

120 was feeling responsive and a pleasure to drive at speeds up to 30-35 miles on a short ride around the block. My concern was highway - however, forums members are happy with 100 and 120 hp versions with opinions that 120 gets a bit faster to 70 mph (and dropping gears while overtaking gives it extra 'kick') I am leaning slightly more towards 120 hp. I am in a process of sorting finance at the moment so the final decision has not been taken yet;)

Also, have been reading the forum quite a lot to get familiar with b-max, issues and fixes. It makes a good read!

Once again, thank you for your opinion

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Regarding seat belt - the seat belt height regulation is not there as there is no side pillar - i am 6 feet exactly and on a short ride it was not a problem. I know that this different on a long drive but I hope I can live with this (an maybe put this sort of padded velcro 'strap' on the belt (sort of a sheath)if it is bothering me too much...

Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts