Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Collected our black 1.6TDCI Titanium just over a week ago. Whilst loving the car, I have noticed a couple of minor niggles and an enigma. Your assistance would be appreciated if possible.

Firstly, The driver seat: It doesn't appear to be as solidly fixed as the passenger, there seems to be a bit of movement. Is this due to the seat height adjustment not present in the passenger's seat?

Secondly, driver's door window: It opens cleanly with a one touch press, but doesn't close with a similar touch. I have to keep the button pressed to close the window. The manual's not all that helpful.

Finally, and this is the strange one: I found an almost right-angled plastic cover in the rear passenger area. It was lying in the carpeted area between the seat and cup holder. Went to the dealers today and they were unable to help, "car too new" and Parts dept. closed at 12.30. | Googled the part no. (PA6 GF15) with no luck. Any ideas?

Kendo

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
1. My seat is firmly fixed with no movement. Check as below, maybe somebody has been adjusting?

2. Never noticed anything out of the ordinary with the window opening and closing so cannot say if normal. I will check later.

3. Looks like a plastic cover clipped over seat fixings. Check both front seat fixings to floor for a similar cover and maybe you will find one missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll check now and see if I can find anything out the ordinary.

Was out earlier and tried the windows Global opening/closing function. All windows opened, however the driver's window failed to close.

Will update shortly.

Thanks again.

UPDATE

Had a look under the front and rear seats, however no luck. I'm due back at the dealer's on Thursday, so I can highlight it with them later this week.

Thanks for the suggestions and assistance.

Have a great New Year.

Edited by: kendo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, been to the dealership, after a bit of searching both physically in and around the rear seats, boot etc and via parts dept. computer, the part, pictured earlier, is window trim. It sits at the top of the window, between the fixed and opening windows. Closer inspection revealed one of the retaining clips is broken.

As for the driver's window, car needs to go back in to be connected to diagnostics. They are going to review the driver's seat at the same time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kendo, just a week ago I bought ford b max. I had the same issue with driver window; couldn't go up with one touch. Then I reprogrammed it. First, fully open the window, then fully close the window and keep the button up 2-3 seconds more even though the window is closed completely. That's all, you can enjoy to open and close the window with one touch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts