Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I own a 2016 UK B-Max and the heater/ac fan has just stopped. All the fancy controls and lights on the dash panel work fine but no fan. I have checked the manual and can't see anything I am doing wrong (ie wrong buttons pressed etc).

Looking around this site and trying to work out the problem, might it be the cabin filter needs changing? The car is coming up to its three year service. Does a clogged cabin filter cause the fan to cut out?

Currently in Scotland for holiday and the thought of driving back to London in February with no heating does not appeal!

Many thanks in anticipation.

Bill

·
Registered
311 Posts
Unlikely the filter is clogged, not completely anyway.
A/C may stop working if temp is under freezing, but I don't think it's that cold.
Have you tried all settings, with A/C on and off. Could a number of things, fuse maybe. Does everything else work ?
Do you belong to RAC or AA ? , it might be something simple they can fix

·
Registered
712 Posts
My car is coming up to 4 yrs old now, this has happened twice. Like you pressed all the buttons to get it going again.
First time about 18 months ago it "righted" itself after about 20 - 30 minutes. Second time in August this year, no fan operating so i stopped the car after 15 minutes driving and restarted and everything working o.k again !
Difficult to find the fault when it is so intermittent. Just waiting for it it to completely stop altogether so i can get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Ive seen blower fans not working or only working on certain settings with several cars and it haa in each case been resolved by a cabin filter change. It could also be a blown fuse.

·
Registered
453 Posts
for vehicles with manual air controls (ie fan control with 4 motor rates) there is a resistor pack, when these fail you tend to only get the highest fan speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heater not working

Many thanks for the advice. I will start by looking at the fuses to see if one may have blown. Hadn't thought of AA/RAC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts