Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front and rear heated screens are inoperative the car was not used much for the last couple of months but has been used regularly for a couple of weeks won't come out of battery saving mode.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Maybe the battery is knackered as a result of running down for a couple of cold months and wont take a charge.

Before buying a replacement battery, i would give it an overnight trickle charge and see how it goes.

If its a 2013 model, the battery is possibly reaching the end of its life anyway, particularly if the car has not been used regularly.

I often suggest that before replacing a battery, people have their alternator output checked and have the voltage of the old battery checked.

Ive seen too many people conned inro replacing perfectly good batteries when they just need a charge or have another fault like an alternator issue or simply a stuck switch leaving a boot or interior light switched on (in fact this is the first thing i always check).

Hope this is of help.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the battery checked just a bit low on charge otherwise ok, gave the car a good long run and the heated screens are now working.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hane you checked that no interior or boot lights are stuck on draining the battery?

My wife's car only gets used for short shopping trips, so i occasionally leave the battery on charge overnight in the winter.Edited by: cianpars

1 - 4 of 4 Posts