Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Asking on behalf of farther in law

His B max Titanium (2013) has projector head lights , do these have a moveable shutter in them to moe when abroad (never seena projector light car without them) - he lives in france 6 months of the year and the eurolights are a rightpain

Thanks Carl

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a lever inside the headlamp assembly, but it requires removal of the headlamp assembly, or the hands the size of a small childs and the dexterity of a contortionist.

Its shown in the manual somewhere, but just be aware it does not show which way is which setting.

I should also point out that to remove the headlamp assembly is two screws and a push in clip, s ]o if you doing it regularly might be best to get a couple of spare clips as they are not easy ot get in and out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes I call them lights too so would probably never have found them.

For a short trip abroad is this the procedure or would I be OK with stickers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

Don't suppose you know the Ford Finis code for the silly little plastic clip under the headlight, been to local Ford dealers and they cant find it on their parts database.

Thanks for any help in advance

Byron

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I used stickers on my 2k12 B-MAX and when I came to p/e it there were sticky rings on the headlamp glass, Difficult to remove I should think.

Today I looked at the headlamps of my 2k16 model and they were different to that shown in both manuals.

When I used the stickers they were placed in respect of the projector lamp so this is the one to be moved. looking at the rear of that lamp I saw it did not have a round cover as shown in the manual. The other two had rubber covers with a tab which could be pulled to remove the cover and give easy access to the bulbs. A mirror is useful to see inside the housing.

Adjustment of the projector lamp was not obvious unless it was via the geared wheel above it. This could be moved by using an Allen key. I think this may be how the lamps are adjusted. However, not wanting to move anything until I know what I am doing, I will call in at a dealer/repair shop today and seek advice.

No mention in the manuals of this but it may be that now it is unnecessary to remove the complete headlamp assembly to change a bulb or adjust the headlamps. I will report back. I will also ask about the bottom clips requested by the op above.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ford technician didn't know how to adjust the lights.

He is submitting a 'technical query' to Ford and will let me know.

Forgot to ask about the clips in the rush to get to next appointment.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The vehicle was bought on 31st Oct. 2015 as a 2016 model.

Question put to Ford by local dealer technician:

1st June 2016

Vehicle: B-MAX

Build date: 2015-10-08T00:00:00-04:00

Hi, customer needs to set lamps for foreign travel, unfortunately neither set of instructions match the vehicle. It is not high intensity lamps. This is a later design lamp with projector appearance so you cannot see bulb as shown in diagrams, thanks.

Reply from Ford:

1st June 2016

Good afternoon

This is a message from engineering.

Headlights tourist compliance.

Please be aware that all current Ford European vehicles lie into the "Tourist Compliance" class of the Regulation. This means that no action is needed to drive at right hand side markets with left hand side vehicles, and vice versa; as per current legal requirements.

The reply is in the form of an attached pdf file, headed Ford Etis, from Scott Dowsett
Maybe it would be wise to carry a copy of the official reply? If anyone wants a copy I can forward the email.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have received a further email from the Ford Company in respect of driving on the right:
With regards to your recent request for the following vehicle information on your B-MAX 2016MY 5DR MAV TITANIUM NON SIP 1.0 125PS 5SPD MAN. I can confirm the vehicle complied with "Tourist Compliance" class of regulation and no adjustment was therefore necessary. You do not need to adjust the lights or apply deflector stickers when driving on the continent as the beam pattern does not dazzle oncoming motorists.</pre>Jaime-Lea Lockett
UK DAC Advisor
1/607, Warley
Tel: 01277 252888</pre>

·
Registered
2 Posts
An interesting discussion

I am about to go to France, Germany, Czech Republic and Belgium so would appreciate a copy of the Ford advice so that i do not have to try and fit the stick on deflectors - always a great hassle.

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If possible, please wait. I am in communication with Ford Customer Services who promise a reply by 19th April.I have a hard copy of the email sent to me via a local dealer and Ford engineers. However, I do not consider this adequate to prove why I do not have beam deflectors fitted.

So far in my research I have not found anyone who is/was aware of the 'Tourist Class of the Regulations' and I am endeavouring to get a link to the actual Regulation in the regulations. That is what Ford Customer Services have asked my local dealer to get on my behalf.

I have another 2 weeks before I depart to the EU and if I don't have in my possession what I consider would be proof to a Police Officer who stopped mein any EU country then I will use the beam deflectors I already have.

I have a feeling police would fine you and ask you to prove he/she should not fine you and that may happen in one or more countries on the same trip.

Don't forget you 'green badge' for Berlin. I have bought one and also for Paris. They are supposed to be permanently stuck to the drivers side of the screen so I bought a magnetic holder and can swap the discs depending on country.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your prompt response. We leave on Thursday evening so may have to get the beam deflectors.

I have remove the bulb covers as the manual says and looked inside (without removing the headlight unit) but I cannot see any sign of a lever to move!!

We are not going to Paris or Berlin this trip so do not need the badges. We are going to Brussels but a green badge is not needed there till 1st Jan 2018.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think there is one simple way to see if you require headlamp conversion.
park some distance from a white wall or similar, and see the beam spread to the LEFT of the car.
if there is a significant amount of light above the horizontal, then this needs addressing.
quite simply the police will only stop you if they see dazzling lights. (which they may be targeting, particularly near the ports!)

edit, left not right!

Edited by: Gremlin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts