Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeling the need for some slight improvement in the dip beam of my Titanium-X. I have purchased the bulbs and read up on the removal of the headlamp unit. So far so good. However, when attempting to remove the headlamp connectors to allow tilting and access to the bulb 'ports', I can find no way of freeing the plugs from the cowling socket, this particular skill isn't included in the manual. I stopped short of force but I am hoping that someone out there will be able to tell me how the designers intended the plugs to be removed. Squeezing, poking [gently] and wiggling don't seem to work. Many thanks....

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you look closely at the connector, the is a latch on the side which holds bothhalves together. Squeeze the latch inwardsand wiggle the connector while pulling at the same time. It takes a bit of force but it's designed to come apart by hand.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Removed my connectors today to test above. Look down on the connector. There is a small square hole. Rearwards is a raised oblong bar. Press this bar to the rear of car and wiggle connector rearwards. It reminds me of a hurdler hitting a hurdle. Pushing the top of the hurdle tips the base of it upwards and clears the locking peg. It is a very effective shake free design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts