Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wishing to upgrade the dip headlight bulbs in our 15 plate 1.6 Auto. I'm quite comfortable with removing the headlight unit to change the bulbs but I have yet to get past step one. The manual advises splitting the main connector block using a flat bladed screwdriver . OK, sounds simple [and probably is] but inserting the screwdriver blade in the appropriate orifice and pushing while trying to wiggle the outer cover off doesnt seem to work. I have to admit that I am a little cautious as I really dont want to damage the connector block. I would be grateful for advice on what I am really expected to do with this screwdriver to release the catch which obviously holds it together. Many thanks...

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
When i changed the headlight bulbs in my car i found it much easier to remove the whole unit from the car.
A couple of bolts secure it at the top and the bottom has tangs that sit in recesses.
It is then far easier to open the back plate of the unit to gain access to the bulbs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When i changed the headlight bulbs in my car i found it much easier to remove the whole unit from the car.
A couple of bolts secure it at the top and the bottom has tangs that sit in recesses.
It is then far easier to open the back plate of the unit to gain access to the bulbs.
Hi Wiggy, many thanks for your response. My problem is that I cannot separate the headlamp cable connecting block to remove the unit from the car. The Owners Manual advises use a flat bladed screwdriver but having tried that with 'an amount of force appropriate to a plastic item' I cannot get it to part. I wondered if there was some 'trick' to it or do I have to get heavy handed. Kind regards

·
Registered
188 Posts
You don’t need any tools to remove the headlamp connector. It’s held in position by a plastic latch. Look closely at the connector and you should see how to release the latch by squeezing with your fingers and pull outwards at the same time.
Don’t try screwdrivers, you could break
something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Pegleg, many thanks for your response. I'm sure you are right but unfortunately the squeezing and pulling doesnt seem to work for me. It seems I shall have to pop down to my local Ford dealer and hope they take pity and give me a [free] demonstration. Unlikely I know but I did get the vehicle from them in the first place so I'm hopeful..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts