Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1/ problem with headlights just asking you all to park your car againsta wall and see if the headlight lightis bouncing

2/ please be a way that b max 1.6 diesel surfers with clutch sticking on and is not covered by warranty has i've had this problem ford will not accept it newport ford pay out for the work to be done has a car had 13,000 miles on it.

3/ having problems with the automatic headlights not turning off has anyone else got this problem thank you..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are u unclear on.
I was say the faulty bits I had so far to date.

And the car is going back in on Tuesday am for the lights sensor and the wipe which is linked to the sensor two.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
darren lit said:
1/ problem with headlights just asking you all to park your car againsta wall and see if the headlight lightis bouncing

2/ please be a way that b max 1.6 diesel surfers with clutch sticking on and is not covered by warranty has i've had this problem ford will not accept it newport ford pay out for the work to be done has a car had 13,000 miles on it.

3/ having problems with the automatic headlights not turning off has anyone else got this problem thank you..
I have parked my car with the headlights pointing at the wall.

With the ignition on I see a reflection of the running lights on the wall. In the dark this can cause me to think my headlights are on when they are not. I never use the auto light setting.

With the headlights on I see them reflected on the wall but of course they are bright and drown out the running light reflection although they are still on..

Do you see something different?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Makem, are the running lights a drain on the battery ??? You will have noticed that they remain on when the starter is activated. Most cars I have driven cut off the headlights if the starter is activated.

I am disappointed in this feature, I am very protective of my battery, and no kidding even turn off the radio and heater fan before starting !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
drivers light is it of vibrating up and down if so tel fords.has its design faults on driver side with xenon headlights has i have a cable tie top and bottom in my light in place

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
L e d lights will not drain a lots of your battery.if you put a amp metre on the battery you will see amp will not drop

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
darren lit said:
drivers light is it of vibrating up and down if so tel fords.has its design faults on driver side with xenon headlights has i have a cable tie top and bottom in my light in place
I understand, your headlight fitting appears to be loose, causing the vibration.

I don't get that but have noticed that one light is higher than the other.

I had both of my headlights replaced soon after purchase because of a fault on the projector bulb.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JOHNWALES said:
Makem, are the running lights a drain on the battery ??? You will have noticed that they remain on when the starter is activated. Most cars I have driven cut off the headlights if the starter is activated.

I am disappointed in this feature, I am very protective of my battery, and no kidding even turn off the radio and heater fan before starting !!!
My running lights come on when I turn the ignition on to start the car. I never turn it on normally unless I want to start the car so, as the alternator spins as soon as the engine runs, the running lights cannot drain the battery.

LEDs might consume only 5-10 watts so putting negligible load on the alternator.

Headlights, rear lights and stop lights with 'normal' bulbs consume over 100 watts so you can see there is a very big difference, making the use of LEDS the most fuel economic method of rear and stop lighting as well as running lights.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Darren lit

I have my car going back in tomorrow ( Been in twice now ) for the Auto lights staying on in bright sunlight. They cannot pinpoint what is wrong but with Ford customer services involved, every time tha car goes in Ford UK contact me to see if the issue is resolved and if not the car goes back in to try again.

Ford UK have told me they will keep at it until I am happy!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

I have the same 3 issues

- Headlight beambounces slightlywhen idle
- Auto wiper has a life of its own. sometimes it just keeps coming on even when there's no rain. Repeatedly switching the wiperto off and then to the auto positioneventually gets it working again

- Auto Lights stay on all the time even in bright sunlight.

Time to book into the garage I think! I hope my choice to go with a ford doesn't leave me regretfull...

BTW ...what are people getting for mpg on the 1.6 diesel?.....I'm getting 42 mpg combined with normal driving and not feathering the throttle.
If I take it really easy on the pedal on the motorway, I get 75+ mpg if I keep it at around 56 mph
Are others seeing similar figures?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I went to Spain in October 13.i was getting 60mpg.thats was driving 65mph. (this was my own car which i have now not a rental)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes I am pleased with consumption on the 1.6 diesel; if you check out other threads. My overall consumption over 3000 miles is 65 m.p.g., this includes many short local journeys, interluded by the occasional motorway marathon. To get 70 odd m.p.g. on the motorway at 56 m..p.h. do you reset the computer at the beginning of your test, or just let it build up to that figure. I can work my BMax up to 68 m.p.g. and that is keeping the engine around 1900 r.p.m. at just a nibble over 60 m.p.h.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I reset the computer just as I get on the motorway to see what the best MPG I can get on the motorway. Once you get off the motorway of course it all goes down but I find there is a big difference in economyif you just feather the pedal even when local driving. When I get fed up of softly softly I just put my foot down and then the MPG plummets.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sorry folks but you really should try to stay on topic in threads.

This thread is:
<h1>have you check your headlights</h1>

The OP is hoping for replies related to that and his two other problems, not mpg for which there are other threads.

Maybe we need a chat room?

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
251 Posts
Picked the car up today, do not know if the mechanic has done anything different but at the moment the lights seem to be acting as they should.

Ford customer services have said they will ring me in 2 weeks to give me chance to try them out and report if the issue is resolved or not.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts