Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just got my used B-max home (mid-2013 Titanium 125PS petrol) and I'm overall very happy with it but I have one problem with the spec...

I had planned to buy a brand new B-max so I did many test drives and researched all of the features and extras to death over a couple of months. However, at the last moment I found a second hand car from another dealer that obviously came in very much cheaper.

The used car had exactly the spec I was looking for in the new car so after a short test drive I bought it.

However, now that I have the car home, I realise that I cannot unlock the doors 'keylessly'. During the test drive, the dealer opened the door for me and I failed to notice that the keyless unlock button on the driver's door wasn't there. Because the car had the 'keyless key', no ignition key slot and the power button on the dash I assumed the complete system was there.

This kind of defeats the point of the system as I have to dig around in my pocket or bag to pull out the key and hit the button on the keyfob to unlock the car before putting the key back into my pocket to drive off.

Was anyone aware that such a 'half keyless' configuration existed? Were the keyless entry and keyless ignition ever sold as two options? The dealer has tried to tell me that this is the case and that the car simply doesn't have the 'keyless entry' system (only the keyless ignition).

Furthermore, does anyone know if the 'keyless entry' door handle can be somehow retrofitted?

Many thanks!

p.s. I failed to mention that I live in Germany and the car is a German model but as far as I can see the specs, extras and trim levels line up pretty well between the two countries.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Interesting ... I bought a new Titanium x model earlier this year, so have the keyless entry and start. (standard on this model.)I believe it is an option available on the Titanium, but must confess did not know "entry" and "start" were ever separated ??

Presumably,if you had bought new, you would have had the option to include these for the extra cost. Don't know about retro fitting, probably come out as too expensive to fit.
Maybe you should be satisfied with what you have ... it has cost you a lot less than a new model after all !!

Enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Essentially you have the power starter button option only not the keyfree system. Not a huge difference tho really. I think you notice more because you wanted it! The power button is the best thing about keyless

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think you can see in Ford ETIS system exactly what options are available for the type of car. When I log in there (all you need is your VIN, which you can probably get using license plate no.) I can see a LOOONG list.

WITH xxx
WITH xxx
WITHOUT yyy

etc

Not sure if all the options are actually for purchase.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks myicq! The ETIS system works even for my German built and registered car.

The long, long list does include :
<ul ="mfcList" style="margin-bottom: 0px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Trebuchet, _sans; font-size: 12.8000001907349px; line-height: normal; : rgb240, 248, 255;"><li style="margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; color: rgb206, 207, 214;">Keyfree System
<li style="margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px; color: rgb206, 207, 214;">With Keyless Start
[/list]

So doesn't this mean that the doors should have the keyless opening/unlocking buttons? I don't see any bullet on the list that says "less keyless entry" or similar.

Does anyone know if the door handles with the unlock button can simply be fitted and 'plugged in'? It would appear that the car has the receiver and all of the electronics to detect and authorise the key because otherwise the keyless ignition wouldn't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.