Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all.

Just joined this forum because I will be receiving a 2012 BMax this Friday.

Titanium Package 1.6 Diesel, demo car from distributor. Choco Brown as in Brochure.

I probably paid way more than any of you guys. That's Denmark.. £25800. Which is normal.

Will post pics once I have it. First time to own a new car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
makem said:
Welcome myicq,
£25k+ against about £15k+ is enough to get me driving lol.
The car itself was probably cheaper. Our tax rate on cars is 180%, and extras (options) are taxed quite heavily too.

So if the distance was shorter it may even be cheaper to buy it here without taxes and import it.

Except of course, it's left-hand-drive.

(Hehe, Ford included a nice picture in the Danish brochure showing how you can fold down seats for long packages.. including left-hand front seat ;) )

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Wow, that's one heck of a tax rate. Is it because you have a luxury tax? I thought your rate was 25%

I can acquire a LH drive and bring it lol

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I used to think countries like Noway who put road and CO2 tax on fuel had the right idea. However, now that I have a 1.0L 3 cylinder engine and only pay £30 per year road tax, I think we are right

If it was on fuel I would be subsidising the fella over the road whose wife drives a gigantic 4x4 to pick up the kids while he drives a Porshe to work.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Nice to have another B-Max on the danish roads - it's a great car - i just driven 7.000 km.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts