Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my 2014 Bmax at the end of June, 3 previous owners, all London based, 60000 miles on the clock. I’m in darkest South West Wales, so it’s a little bit of a change of scene for it.
I’ve got the 1.6 Zetec auto, and let me say straight off the bat this is easily the smoothest automatic gearbox I’ve ever experienced. I used to work for a large car rental company, I’ve driven all sorts, and this auto gearbox is smoother and better than the high end Jags and Mercs that I used to drive (not mine, the rental ones). It’s incredible.
I do have the well known and documented “judder” at low gear when the car has warmed up. There’s plenty been written about it in the past, it’s a mild irritation but it’s definitely there.
I’m currently getting around 35mpg out of it, but I’m almost exclusively using it for school runs, the school being 2 streets away. Really can’t complain about that. On the longer trips I have done, it’s more like 40-42mpg, I’m happy with that.
The car sometimes makes a chime that I have no idea what it is. It’s a long beep followed by 2 short beeps. No lights or any other notifications.
I like how the seatbelts in the front are built in to the seats, I found this far more comfortable than the regular positioning, which would sometimes ride up on to my neck. This is much better.
All in all I’m a big fan of my B-Max thus far, comfortable smooth ride, easy to drive etc. Is it an exciting car? No, definitely not. It exudes middle aged dad in every way imaginable. Is it a good solid car? For me, yes. I think I made a great choice, and look forward to owning it a good couple of years.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I’ve got the 1.6 Zetec auto

Hi

I’m assuming it’s the 1.6 petrol rather than diesel, as you’re using it for short journeys?

If the sound is while you are driving, immediately look at your display. If the sliding doors aren’t fully closed (they sometimes need a bit more of a push than you might think) you’ll rear a beep when cornering. Just a thought, in case that’s what it is.

Had our 1.6tdci 2014 Titanium X for three years now - no plans to change it till our diesel is taxed off the road by Westminster.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve got the 1.6 Zetec auto

Hi

I’m assuming it’s the 1.6 petrol rather than diesel, as you’re using it for short journeys?

If the sound is while you are driving, immediately look at your display. If the sliding doors aren’t fully closed (they sometimes need a bit more of a push than you might think) you’ll rear a beep when cornering. Just a thought, in case that’s what it is.

Had our 1.6tdci 2014 Titanium X for three years now - no plans to change it till our diesel is taxed off the road by Westminster.
Thank you for your reply! I worked it out, it’s the seatbelt warning for the passenger side, my 7 year old son sits there on a booster seat.

I love my Bmax. Such an easy drive.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I worked it out, it’s the seatbelt warning for the passenger side, my 7 year old son sits there on a booster seat.
you can turn the seat belt warning off,
the procedure is something like put the ignition on, and insert and remove the belt clip 6 times. ensure it is fully inserted and removed each time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts