Ford B-Max Forum banner

Getting fed up of waiting

6K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  philnicandamy 
#1 ·
Yes, I know I have to wait, but it is beginning to drag now. Still at least 3 weeks to go before delivery.
Still, I am told by my dealer it is somewhere in France on a transporter or something.

I thought they used the trains?

I thought they are made in Romania? If so why is it coming through France?

Is my dealer telling porkies?

Geoff

#8 ·
I now have a delivery date 2nd Sept. and a reg.no. yippee!
But I can't remember if the damn thing has 5 or 6 speed gearbox, and the Ford brochure doesn't mention it!

I think (hope) that the 125 ps has the 6 speed? Put me out of my misery someone?

Geoff

#10 ·
It's here
Well worth waiting for, not played with "Sync" yet but I think I have mastered most of the rest of it.
Just as I remember, smooth (a lot smoother than my old Polo 3 cylinder|) and quiet. A nice drive, very pleased.

My wife (who drove it home) informed me when I got back that "the damn thing keeps cutting out" a demonstration of the "stop start" soon cured that.

I can't really fault it, I will be interested to see how the oil lubbed cam belt gets on. I am assured that it is designed to last the life of the engine and that replacement is not required. We will see.

Oh! just one niggle is the stupid fuel flap, come on Ford, put a lock on it, it's open day for fuel thieves with that unlocked flap. I just did a test, use the plastic funnel thing and shove a length of small bore plastic pipe in. Suck and petrol comes up.

Geoff

#11 ·
I'm still waiting for a delivery date - the estimate at purchase point was 'towards the end of September', now the dealer is chasing it up and will let me know as soon as.

I feel like an impatient child awaiting Father Christmas
- I find myself looking at the phone throughout the day willing it to ring with news of a delivery date!

#12 ·
KEEP chasing dealer...peoples did the same with me turned out the car had been deliered and was sitting on the lot while the salesman said "oh it's on route from belgium"!

one things for sure it'll be worth the wait in the end..had mine since june and find EVERY excuse I can to go out for a drive!

Edited by: philnicandamy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.