Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does any one know of an easy way to pass a wire from the engine bay through the Bulkhead into the cab, on a Ford B-Max Titanium with 1.0Ltr EcoBoost engine.
I know there is a large grommet behind the battery compartment, but that is so far back as to be inaccessible without removing a lot of parts.

Regards.

·
Registered
182 Posts
In the past when i needed to do what your asking i drilled a hole myself and used a grommet slighty smaller than the hole size i had drilled.
Be careful to check there are no wires or other items behind the spot where you intend to drill the hole though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the past when i needed to do what your asking i drilled a hole myself and used a grommet slighty smaller than the hole size i had drilled.
Be careful to check there are no wires or other items behind the spot where you intend to drill the hole though.
Hi Wiggy,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have done that myself on other cars, but on the B-Max the Bulkhead is so far back, which makes it difficult to access.

Regards.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Can you not drill the hole from the inside footwell into the engine compartment ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you not drill the hole from the inside footwell into the engine compartment ?
Hi Wiggy,

Thanks again.
Yes that is possibly the only way, unless I can get to the large grommet behind the battery, from behind the fuse box inside the car.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
As a matter of interest, why do you want to run a wire from the engine bay? Coyld you not simply run a wire fron the fuse box?

Reactions: Wiggy

·
Registered
182 Posts
As a matter of interest, why do you want to run a wire from the engine bay? Coyld you not simply run a wire fron the fuse box?

A fuse tap sounds like a good idea to me too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Do not drill a hole in the bulkhead. Holes in bulkheads through which electrical cables/harness pass are often of a plunged type to prevent abrasion. A normal drilled hole can still abrade through a grommet/insulation over time.
Much better to use the in car fusebox as suggested. You may find some fuse positions unused.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts