Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Upgraded form a C-Max recently, and have a question around the gearshift between 1st and second.

Model is a B-Max 1.6TDCi titanium, and find that it's nearly impossible to get a smooth shift between 1st and second, without the car lurching - only way seems to be revving the engine before the clutch is released, but no such issue in any other gear.

The revs look to climb very quickly when moving off - never had this on any other car, and doesn't happen in any other gear.

Anyone else found this ?

Other than that - liking the car, and can't believe how stable it feels on the road, even in the ice and snow, and had to laugh when had to push next doors BMW up the shared drive....

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yorkie1 I have had my B Max Titanium 1ltr Eco for about 4 months now and still find it difficult to select fully reverse gear...often it will connect but on releasing the clutch I get the awful grinding noise that reverse
has not fully connected. All other gears are selected without a
problem I am putting it down to ''newness' at the moment if it persists will visit the dealer

·
Registered
231 Posts
Oddly enough I was at the garage before the weekend with just this query on the Reverse selection.
The story I was given is that it is a known vice of the Fiesta/B-Max box. It will 'baulk' on selection sometimes and the way to reduce the frequency is to move the gearstick into 1st then back through the gate to Reverse. I was told it is only regarded as a problem if it happens every time, and then they will try to adjust the linkage.
That is the story I got anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, do have some problem selecting reverse it, other then that my biggest gripe is the fuel consumption and wondering what mpg are you returning, I'm just over 36mpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same story here. My BMax Titanium 125 hp is not new. It has just over 50.000 KM. Occasionally it does not connect and makes this ugly noice. Going to the dealer this week for a check.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
jr56 said:
Same story here. My BMax Titanium 125 hp is not new. It has just over 50.000 KM. Occasionally it does not connect and makes this ugly noice. Going to the dealer this week for a check.
Mine does the same occasionally. It is a known problem. My 2012 Fiesta was exactly the same.

When it happens, I push the lever to 5th, then back again. I don't really find it a big issue though as the gearbox is very good in other respects.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Regarding going back to the sixties we will also have to recharge the battery to maintain 100% charge as we did with dynamos fitted years ago as the bmax only charges to approx 60-70 %. My 5 month old bmax also has the occasional odd time in not selecting reverse properly, I thought it was me.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes reverse gear sometimes not wanting to engage. Back to neutral blip throttle and it will go in. I had a 2010 C Max which was the same. Otherwise all other gears very easy to engage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been driving a B Max automatic for 11 months and recently noticed gear problems. Am taking car back to reputable dealer where I bought it as it is still on warranty. Is this a problem that can be repaired successfully or not. Iregret buying the car and wish I could get my money back. Would appreciate any advice. Thank you x

1 - 12 of 12 Posts