Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I live in Denmark and have a questionfor all you lucky B-Max owners!

On the 11th ofDecember 2012 I ordered a Ford B-Max 1.0 SCTi 120 Titanium S/S.
I haven't got a delivery date yet, but the dealer told me, that my car would be produced in January 2013.

I have a question regarding the gearshift indicator.

On page 21 in the B-Max brochure there is a picture showing the gearshift indicatorwith an arrow andthe#4.

When I had a testdrive in 3 different cars (2 petrol and1 diesel), Ionly saw thearrow indicating the gearshift, and I never saw the gear number in the display.
The dealer could nottell me, why there is a difference between the brochure and the actual showing on the display.

Can anyone in this forum help me with an answer?

Thanks in advance, and have apleasant day!

Regards from Svend in Denmark.

PS: Sorry, but my english writing is not at all perfect

Edited by: Sjust

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi !
Thanks for the answers from both of you.

I still wonder why the illustration in the brochure is not quite correct, and I'm a bit sorry, because I would have liked the gear number to show up - like in the new C-Max.

Just talked to the dealer today, and he told me, that the production month of my new B-Max has been changed from January to February

Well, I can do nothing about it, so I'm just trying to read all about the B-Max on this site and in other places on the Internet.

Keep smiling

Svend from Denmark

·
Registered
67 Posts
I concur I see a small arrow only it does not have a gear
number next to it as you say the C Max does have one and I do miss it...

One other negative discovered today because there is no central pillar when at a junction your vision is obstructed quite a lot when looking left for oncoming traffic!!

Overall still happy with the car though

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I notice that restricted view on both sides. The restriction is much wider than that of a car with a central pillar if I remember rightly. (my last car was a coupe which of course didn't have one)

I have found you must be aware of that restricted view to make sure you look around it.

I like you, am happy with the car overall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I miss this indicator, so I can se which gear I'm in, and also som explantions about what the line ind the botom of this box means - cant find it in the book.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hello all,

On the automatic BMAX, you have a display of PRNDS (park, reverse, neutral, drive and sport )between the rev and the speedometer. As you press the manual gear up / down buttons on the automatic gear leaver, the current gear number appears after the S on thePRNDS display.

Eg. <b style="line-height: 1.4;">PRNDS4[/b]
<b style="line-height: 1.4;">
[/b]
This only stays there until the gearing computer decides to over rule you and takes over again. As soon as the car is back in charge of changing gear the numbers are removed from the screen.

I wonder if they were thinking of doing the same with the manual geared versions, and then changed their mind at the last minute??

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here is the picture of the display where i can't cope what the figur in the buttum in the picture meanes - anyone knows.?

·
Registered
637 Posts
1:Outside temperature
2:Litres of fuel per 100 kilometres that you are currently using3: Engine Coolant temperature (which should always be within the inner bracket area of the display)

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's nr 3 i dont know what means so now i am going to seach the net.
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks Svend - I try to find out what they writte there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts