Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the gearbox judder fixed but dealer won't give me any paper work to to say what work was carried out is this correct? Had the 2014 bmax for three weeks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just had the gearbox judder fixed but dealer won't give me any paper work to to say what work was carried out is this correct? Had the 2014 bmax for three weeks.
If they give you confirmation of a new clutch pack, under warranty, it's tantamount to admitting that there is a 'known fault', which could be setting a precedent. There have been class actions against Ford, for this clutch, in the US and Australia. They are trying to avoid a repetition in the UK.
When mine was done, service reception simply said that the car had been 'updated' (inferring software). I spoke to the mechanic (sorry - technician) who confirmed the new clutch pack.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi
I have written on this subject before... I have a 1600 cc automatic

Ford actually appeared to have treated me very well.
A year or so ago they replaced the clutch pack and the vehicle has performed brilliantly since. Its a very clever gearbox when it works.
In daily use including two trips to Spain.
However today driving out towards Heathrow the gearbox dropped out of gear twice or three times within a mile.
Lost power then found a gear and limped on.
Are there any service issues I ahve over looked??
Once you have a new clutch pack is it liable to go wrong a 2nd time?
Pleased to have avoided breaking down on the Hammersmith Flyover and thus bringing West London to a standstill!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts