Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome to the group Michael, I presume you mean Autoboxes ? I have asked this question before, and no one has spoken up, but of course the site does invite people with problem's to join.There may be many who have had no problems, but they do not come on here.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah, when you think about the thousands of cars sold, i guess only 40 or 50 have been on the forum tocomplain, but the majority dont visit here, so the other thousands could be quite happy or complaining somewhere else.

I would certainly not buy or recommend the auto box, but hisorically, auto boxes have always been problematic and very expensive when they go wrong.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe its because people who have trouble-free Powershifts don't want to tempt fate by announcing it publicly.

We bought ours in mid July, and apart from the odd minor vibration its been OK so far. Mind you, I drive like a particularly cautious granny.

I realised very soon after buying that I'd taken a big risk by buying a car with a box that has a poor reputation, so I intend to keep it for a year until just before the Ford five year warranty expires (providing it remains trouble free) and then trade it in at the garage where I bought it, the proprietor having assured me that he had sold "a couple of hundred" Powershifts without any problems.

He obviously thinks highly of them and has several in stock as I speak.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well, me and my big mouth. Driving up our steep close earlier today I experienced a simply horrid judder that went right through the car. I drove out of the close and back up again, but it wasn't repeated. However, it was bad enough for me to think "here we go", so I rang our local Ford dealer to book it in.

One thing I have noticed is that although this car came with paperwork to confirm that the TCM software update had been done, Ford ETIS still shows it as "required". Hopefully the dealer can move onto the next fix once I show them the TCM paperwork.

Boo hoo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts