Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there fellow owners,

My B-Max is a 2015 model year 1.0 125hp Ecoboost, equipped with a 5 speed manual gearbox and it has only done 45000 miles. The problem, which I have encountered, is that I either can not engage gears, or the changes become very stiff. The clutch pedal moves up and down without any fuss, yet no mechanical engagement could be felt, almost if I was pressing a sim-pedal. I am suspecting it will be either the clutch master cylinder, the synchro or the mechanism itself that is going wrong. Either way, I will ring my dealer and post an update once the problem is found and rectified. If there is anything you lot can think of, please do let me know.

notyes

·
Registered
479 Posts
The fluid level is fine, plus the colour is also quite clear, so all good regarding that.
well that's good, (and bad since it indicates more work...)
yes it looks likely to be the master cylinder seals, but cannot guess any further without seeing the car.
next question would be...
are there any 'fault codes' - via an obd scan tool?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Might be, but does it make a sound when it wears out?
Usually it does make a noise when worn out.
But the one in my mates car had seized and did not turn so it made no noise at all.
Hopefully it's not the bearing and you find something simple has gone awry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well that's good, (and bad since it indicates more work...)
yes it looks likely to be the master cylinder seals, but cannot guess any further without seeing the car.
next question would be...
are there any 'fault codes' - via an obd scan tool?
I do not have a scanny trickery at hand, sadly, so that shall be checked at the dealership. It is also worth mentioning that the car now functions perfectly and took me to my workplace and back (a roughly 40 mile trip) without anything going wrong! Also replying to @Wiggy here, the changes feel light, just as they should be, no strange noises can be heard. I am astonished, my B-Max might have fixed itself.

·
Registered
281 Posts
That is odd !
A car that fixes itself, you could make a fortune if you knew how it works lol.
Seriously though, could it have been air in the lines that somehow has managed to bleed itself ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't bloody know to be honest, the car remained fully functional, so these 'self-fixing properties' are utterly insane. :) Jokes aside, I am going to continue using my B-Max just as I did for the past almost-seven (!) years and if anything was to happen, I will make sure to post about it here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts