Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new on here . Thought would share my experience. Ford b Max 13 plate usual clutch judder. Had software update . Drop car off again Tues . Phone they hadn't had time to look at it . Surely if it's booked in it should be looked at. Anyhow got a call yesterday saying car been on fault diagnosis and Ford have advised another software update. Told car was running OK but haven't check it when cold . Anyhow call this morning saying gearbox needs to come out and now won't get it back til next Wednesday. Anyhow from reading on this site I've read there a 9 week list for gearboxes . Wondering if this is still the case. Car is at a Ford evanhalshaw . Bought the car because my fiancee is learning at the moment in automatic. Evanhalshaw gave me a 3 door fiesta to drive around in . The car looked like its not been cleaned inside or outside ever. Any views anyone.?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know from experience that Evans Halshaw are rubbish.

If there is a 9 week wait can you keep the Fiesta for the length of time? Is the Fiesta an auto?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No manual. Apparently they have now said want car til Wednesday the gearbox has to come out. Car will be ready Wednesday . Keep you informed .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine had a software update, but was due to go back tomorrow, Edgware, but the service guy just called, saying they haven't got the hire car back, so will book me in Tuesday because they won't really get much done over the bank holiday anyway!! The judder, is random but normally there when the car has been used a while, turning corners, also sometimes the clutch you can feel is dragging,concerned if it's actually safe, especially in London when you need to pull out quickly. On hills it judders a lot, in traffic the clutch feels like it jumps. They shouldn't still be selling these vehicles, mine is a 62 plate, got driven down here from Weston Super mare, the delivery guy said nothing. Still under warranty, I worry that they won't find something on their diagnostics, they must drive it. Someone who worked for ford posted on here, he got a new clutch and it was fine? Are we being fobbed off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got car back seems OK. But lost confidence in fords now. Read other posts seems it comes back fingers crossed. Under warranty til July.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts