Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I’m having trouble with my ford bmax. Sometimes out of nowhere I will be driving and suddenly I can’t shift into any gear, meaning I’m stuck in neutral. What I’ve found helps is turning off the car for a min or less and then it works for a bit and malfunction again. This can go on for a few cycles and then the issue seems to resolve itself. I took it in, but the mechanic was like: it’s working fine you have to bring it in when it does it which I haven’t been able to do. Has anyone had a similar issue?

·
Registered
712 Posts
That's a new one on me. I've been on this forum for 6 yrs now, don't think anyone else has reported a problem with a manual gearbox. Plenty on the auto / powershift though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Really weird that one !
Have you checked the fluid level in the gearbox ? It could be low.
Afraid that's all i can think of.

·
Registered
459 Posts
really need to know what engine & gearbox, petrol 1l, (even to 100 vs 125 - or 140) make a difference, or petrol, 1.4 or 1.6, manual or auto or perhaps diesel...
but general advice would be disconnect the battery overnight, and give it a charge. then reconnect it and drive at least 10 miles.
ps if you have an auto, stuck in park, there is a procedure in the owners handbook as to how to release it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all. I’m having trouble with my ford bmax. Sometimes out of nowhere I will be driving and suddenly I can’t shift into any gear, meaning I’m stuck in neutral. What I’ve found helps is turning off the car for a min or less and then it works for a bit and malfunction again. This can go on for a few cycles and then the issue seems to resolve itself. I took it in, but the mechanic was like: it’s working fine you have to bring it in when it does it which I haven’t been able to do. Has anyone had a similar issue?
I'm having a similar issue with my B-Max (won't come out of gear sometimes, then have to totally release the clutch before I can proceed). Today and last Monday, it lost power and stalled on approach to roundabout/traffic lights. Garage had it in last Thursday, couldn't replicate or find anything wrong. Did you resolve this? Thanks :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts