Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

don't yet own a B-Max but having had my Toyota Auris written off by the insurance company for a "too expensive to fix" accident I've started looking around and happened across the B-Max.

Main reason is my wife has a 2011 Fiesta, it's still decent, but granted I used to do most miles in my car, hence the ever so slightly bigger Auris.

I've been weighing up the pro's and con's between a 1.6 Diesel and a 125 Petrol. I think I'll be getting the petrol unless I come across a 1.6 Diesel with all the modcons, parking sensors, panoramic roof, etc in the right price range.

I did look at a C-Max too but you seem to get more for your money with a B-Max. I don't know exactly how much wider a C-Max is to a B-Max, the issue with my requirements is I need to be able to get my bins past the cars on my drive (I know, first world problems, but it would be annoying enough to make me hate the car).

So, potential future B-Max owner, not driven one yet, what with the pandemic and that. I nearly bought one from Scotland, but it was over 200 miles for them to "post" it so I chose against it in the end.

·
Registered
238 Posts
From the B-Max Handbook the

length = 4077mm
&
Width = 2067mm (with door mirrors not folded)

Folding the door mirrors, which is available electrically on many of the versions, gives a noticeable decrease on width.

Sorry, but cannot do the C-Max sizes, even though I used to have one.

Welcome to the site,

Geri

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Geri, it might be just me but there doesn't seem to be a standard across selling sites, some provide mirrors unfolded, some folded and some with no mirrors at all.
Based on the following, it looks like the C-Max and B-Max are the same widths, except unless it's a Grand C-Max, my kids might smack the doors again on the walls, but I'm looking at putting rubber strips down the walls, just means reducing the drive width again by a few cm's.

I found these documents which are handy:

B-Max: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...uctReleases/B-MAX/B-MAX-Specifications_EU.pdf
C-Max: https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...-Max/FordC-MAX_TechnicalSpecifications_EU.pdf

B-Max Dimensions:

C-Max Dimensions

1 - 3 of 3 Posts