Ford B-Max Forum banner

Fusion Spare Wheel

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  jstuart 
#1 ·
Hello fellow members, just joined today. I realise that the spare wheel topic has cropped up elsewhere, but wonder if I could have help on a specific question. I bought a full sized steel wheel, 15inch, as a spare for my soon to be part-exed Ford Fusion. The tyre on it is 195/60R15 88H. Can any member see a problem with using this as a spare for my soon to be acquired B-Max 1.6 (2013)? I'd be grateful for any replies, thank you.

#3 ·
Hello Jackkook, thanks for replying. The model I'm looking forward to is a 1.6 Zetec. I'm thinking (hoping) the Fusion spare might be ok size-wise, but bothered there may be some problem with the wheel nut spacing, or fixing a steel wheel with nuts designed for alloys. Thanks again.

#4 ·
As this post has been sitting on the forum for a longish time without a recorded solution, I thought I'd bump it to report that the tyre sizes are identical - 195/60R15 88H - and, although I've not yet had to put the spare on (touching wood!), I have checked the line up of the holes and can say that there should be no problems in using the Fusion spare, especially for a short duration.

#5 ·
I would anticipate no problem at all. Most car wheels are even interchangable between makes as well as models and both alloys and steels fit to the same studs.

So long as the wheel and tyre size are the same, there should be no problem. Even if the tyre size is different, it is safe to use in an emergency, so long as the wheel size is the same.

Sorry for not replying earlier.

#6 ·
Thank you cianpars for your comment. Please, no apology necessary - I just assumed no-one knew the answer; and after determining for myself that there would be no problem with the Fusion spare it didn't occur to me until today to update my original post. So the fault really lies with me!

Thanks again.

#8 ·
There's another parameter that should concern you: PCD. This is the diameter of an imaginary circle drawn through the centre of the bolt holes and is measured in mm.

4 x 108 (Ford B-MAX, Fusion, Fiesta, at least some Citroen if not all of them) means the wheel has 4 bolt holes and the diameter of the imaginary circle through the bolt holes is 108 mm.

Plus there's some other parameter regarding the offset of the rim.
I think it's better explained here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_sizing

I know because I want to buy four extra (steel) rims to replace the summer tyres myself instead of paying two times an year at a garage just to exchange the winter tyres with the summer ones (and viceversa) using the same (alloy) rims. ;;)Edited by: vdragoslav

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.