Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,My first post here and sadly it's for a grumble.. I picked up my B-Max a few days ago, a second hand Ecoboost 125 Titanium from 2013.

I've been really happy with it, but last night I did a turn that required full lock and at that pointI felt the steering wheel vibrate slightly as if there was a motorpulling at it.
This happened at full lock in both directions, but strangely it was only evident when the car was moving - when stationary it felt smooth at the extremes.

I'm probably thinking the worst, but I have a small window of time to report problems and potentially have them fixed. I'm just worried it's a sign of steering rack/pump problems that will come back to bite me a few months from now.. Thanks for any thoughts.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Ive had full lock judder on a couple of cars, but since you have a warranty, i would get them to check it out.

If it then fails, you have evidence that the fault occured within the warranty period.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome Tafkap, there is no pump on the B-Max steering it is all electric, I suggest you just back the steering wheel off slightly when it is on full lock.

Edited by: jackkook

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Me to, but still worth having it checked under warranty and obtain proof that they did not diagnose an issue in case it does progress.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts