Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst cleaning the car today I happened to open the filler cap cover and started reading the stickers there in.

"MIN 95 RON. Preimium Super, Super Plus."

I have been using regular unleaded, am I to assume I should be using super unleaded?

·
Registered
479 Posts
ordinary supermarket unleaded is fine. it's 95.
super might give better mpg
I use esso Synergy Supreme+
because it doesn't (usually) have ethanol in it, but then my car is not used every day, or even every week.

ethanol in fuel is generally a good idea as its a good octane booster, and nominally 'greener'
however, if left, it can absorb water from the air (hygroscopic ), the fuel degrades, and may even separate with a layer of water at the bottom of the tank

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Honeat John swears by Super Unleaded. It has additives which keep the injectors and combustion chambers clean. It also gives youa small power or MPG improvement.

My personal view is that it is not economical as a daily fuel, however filling up with it occasionally is probably worthwhile.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The 1.0 ecoboost is quoted as being a very high performance engine for its size and my personal opinion is therefore that 97 RON petrol or better should be used. I've started trialling Tesco Momentum 99 RON at £1.34.9 a litre despite always in the past avoiding supermarket stuff. Shell V power which Honest John recommends is 10p more per litre. I have resorted occasionally to alternating 95 with 97/9 RON. The "experts" say its a waste of time doing it that way so as they adage goes you pays your money and makes your choice!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.