Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone wandered if anyone else had this problem or if anyone knows . My fuel sender/reader unit is broke, it’s stuck on full (the needle) and my miles to empty goes up and up rather than down . I’ve had a couple of mechanics say they can replace the unit obviously has to be a genuine ford part and couple of others saying it comes has a whole thing with the fuel pump so it all has to be replaced which is expensive . Can anyone advise me on this please? Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
as far as I can tell, the fuel sender is a sub-component of the fuel pump assembly
to fit it you have to remove the pump assembly, then dismantle further, (so increased labour charge)
or you can fit the entire assembly, more expensive part, (& greater profit on parts supply), less labour charge, and job done a bit quicker (and easier for them to guarantee )
so cost to you will be about the same, but garage get about the same money for less work.
thus:-have the whole pump assembly

ps its a fairly common part, and non ford parts should be ok (come on the ford part has already failed! )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts