Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
<br style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Someone will be able to help me here...I have recently purchased a new shape b-max 1.6d and although it drives nice I cannot help hearing the fuel in the tank slopping around particularly when coming to a stand Still. Any help would be great. Dealer hasn't had any reports.

Update on the above....

My parents have recently taken delivery of a ford b-max 1.6 diesel New April 2014.

The fuel tank noise was immediately apparent after filling the tank for the first time. The car has made numerous trips to the dealer which included the fitting of a new tank, nothing changed.

My father has contacted ford, but unfortunately you have to pay a premium rate phone charge if you wish to talk to anyone in technical.

He has since had a second opinion from another ford dealer. The outcome was the same, quote - that fuel slipping about is loud enough to justify further investigation - end quote.

The original ford dealer has asked ford to send out a field engineer, they refused, wonder why ?

It would seem that fuel slipping about does not warrant further investigation, even if it is a noisy distraction.

I conclude with a warning to any would be buyers of a new ford b-max 1.6 diesel to insist on a road test in a car that has a full or new full tank of diesel. You will not have to travel at speed or cover a great distance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a final update regarding the fuel slipping around in our bmax. Ford have made a final ruling, the noise that everyone can hear is not a fault. It is something called a "characteristic" so that's ok then....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I know this is of little comfort but I also have the fuel noise problem but in my 2.2 TDCi S-Max, so it must be a common feature
Ford are adding to all cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts