Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2013 b-max 1.0 (125). i drive mainly just around down and average 31 mpg which I am quite dissapointed with. Would an ecg remap make a difference to the MPG?

Anyone tried this>

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Ahmedz
No experience with this I'm afraid.

I've often thought about an engine re-map for my B-Max, but for different reasons, as I have the 100PS 1.0l EcoBoost engine rather than the 125.

Any potential improvement in MPG would need to be compared to the number of miles driven against the actualcost of a re-map. Would your fuel cost saving pay-back the re-map cost?

Some people seem to say that a fuel economy re-map does work, without them actually quoting how much of a difference was made.

However, if you are mostly driving your B-Max for short trips around town, then you may not actually see any real improvement for the cost.

Most people can achieve their own improvements to MPG by making changes to driving style etc.

My B-Max has now covered just over 13k miles and indicates an MPG figure of around 45. My driving is mostly a 7-mile commute each way to and from work, plus slightly longer journeys at weekends, and then the odd long run every now and again -A lot less than the manufacturerstated economy figure.

All the best with your decision.

Wayne

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi, my 1.ltr zetec ecoboost 100ps is booked in for its first service on the 21st of Jan. I am still only acheiving 36.7 mpg inspite of all my efforts to the contrary so have highlited this to be the main focus of the service. Will keep my fingers crossed for a satisfactory
outcome and will report result in due course. Wishing all you b maxers a great 2016.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i had my dealer look at my Bmax 1.0 100ps due to not getting anywhere near the quoted mpgjust got usual dribble that the mpg quoted is test conditions etc
i'm getting an average of 44 mpg

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for reply dazznutts. I am expecting a similar response, but will hope for a positive outcome. If i could acheive 44 mpg it would be a 7.3 improvement over my present mpg! Excepting the poor fuel economy i cant fault the b max so far.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
dazznutts said:
i had my dealer look at my Bmax 1.0 100ps due to not getting anywhere near the quoted mpgjust got usual dribble that the mpg quoted is test conditions etc
i'm getting an average of 44 mpg
You will never get quoted mpg.

The quote is purely to enable you to compare like with unlike.

If it was what you should achieve, how can they take into account your light or heavy foot? Body weight etc.

So, they remove everything that they are supposed to in the regulators guidance and then run the test indoors to cut out hills and wind.

Now you should be able to some extent to be able to compare a B-MAX with another make of similar design and engine size/type.

You have to enquire around and then take the average of the result of your enquiry as what you could expect from your B-MAX

You could start a thread here Entitled - your real on the road mpg (no comments - just engine, gearbox, fuel, mileage, usual number of bodies in the car (alive) and mpg please) Comments in the corresponding Real mpg comment thread.

Then we could all do some research!

Mine: 1.25PS 1L Ecoboost manual over 3 years average 46.7 mpg, petrol, 20k. 2 bodies

Current: Same vehicle 36.1 mpg 450 miles (similar to the old car at that stage. 2 bodies

·
Registered
242 Posts
A small point to note, especially if you drive the stop/start models of any car. The town fuel figures have to include an amount of static running, for the EU fuel figures to count. So the manufacturers start introducing stop/start so that the time the TEST vehicle was static running, it wasn't actually running. Thus making the mpg figures look oustandingly unrealistic! I do believe the time has to be around the 3 minute mark that the vehicle has to be static. That's a lot of time for a vehicle during test conditions given the weight and road conditions of the testing environment. Be happy with the car you buy!

·
Registered
264 Posts
2015 1.6 petrol auto Titanium XAveraging about 41mpg

·
Registered
264 Posts
2015 1.6 petrol auto Titanium XAveraging about 41mpg

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
ahmedz said:
2013 1.0 ecoboost 125

Local driving get 31mpg

That seems very low.

Do you 'use' the gears and jump a gear a lot of the time? It would help economy if you did that. Also less braking and more anticipation.

Sorry if I am teaching my grandad to suck eggs lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Why go for the petrol model if your going be concerned about mpg? I am assuming you are concerned about it... nearing 60 mpg in my diesel 1.6 titanium and it is only increasing as I commute 12-13miles one way to work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the next couple of years we're going to see all the MPG figures altered as new more realistic testing comes in, personally I think its well over due.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all, as posted on 7th Jan my 1lt bmax went in for its first service on the 21st. My fuel consumption at the time was back down to 36.3 mpg, from its previous best of 38.5. The dealer reported that having checked all the settings all was normal, so it looks like i will have to hope that it will improve with use. In all other respects i am still more than happy with the bmax and have had no other problems to date.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I must be very lucky or I drive slowly on quiet roads.Either way, I'm happy with 43mpg

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My first 100 miles has given me 39.6 mpg whilst running in and using a very economical driving style. I will update as more miles go on the clock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When we bought our B Max Zetec Turbo 1 litre, 13 reg in 2015 it was showing 41.7 mpg, that's now gone up to 43.9 mpg. We use Shell V Power petrol so ay have something to do with it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts