Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my fuel gauge is stuck on half. Filled up three days ago and covered about 60 miles with no movement to the gauge. However, the "miles to zero" gauge is counting down. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Willow said:
With the ignition switched off - zero, gremlin
so no, the gauge itself isn't stuck, and the computers seem to know the fuel level has been filled, and some used
from a computing point of view: 3 options,
ignore it
check fault codes
reset the computers, (disconnect battery overnight) aka turn it off and on again
of these I suggest no.1, or maybe 2.

edit, unless its under warranty
, when Ford should sort it ;-)

Edited by: Gremlin

·
Registered
164 Posts
The fuel gauge uses a float and sender in the fueltank.The trip computer measures the amount of fuel passed though the fuel rail.
They are both independent of each other.
So, to explain, if you drove like a granny, the miles to zero would be much higher than if you drove like Lewis Hamilton who would use much more fuel.
It's down to driving style and conditions; and I think you have nothing to worry about.

Edited by: pegleg

·
Registered
479 Posts
pegleg said:
The fuel gauge uses a float and sender in the fueltank.The trip computer measures the amount of fuel passed though the fuel rail.
They are both independent of each other.
but the trip computer must use the float in the tank to 'know' it has been filled up. so its not simply a stuck float/sender

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Dont tell Pegleg that Gremlin he seems to think he knows it all and the rest od us are spouting a load of rubbish (see thread about sharp brakes).

Edited by: cianpars

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.