Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never experienced this with any vehicle I have owned in the past. Driver and passenger side windows frozen, even now showing 4c hardly any movement. Rear one's no problem. Anyone else suffering?...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes, mine were frozen on Monday. Driver's side remained frozen until I'd driven the car with the heater going for a few miles, and the offside rear sliding door was also frozen shut.

More worryingly, the passenger side powerfold mirror failed to unfold when the car was unlocked, so I had to carefully ease it open by hand before driving off. It occurred to me that if the mirror is straining to open against a build up of ice there might be a risk of burning out the motor, so I disabled the automatic "fold on lock" and for the time being will operate the mirrors using the manual button on the driver's door.

Edited by: desthemoaner

·
Registered
212 Posts
I take it as an advise and I'll do the same, unchecking the "fold on lock", just in case, because I didn't experience any of these frozen parts not working by now, even if my entire B-MAX is... "frozen white"! ;;)Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not frozen, but certainly even whiter:

Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
120 Posts
Now THAT'S what I call snow, Drago!

We had about three inches on one day late last year, and you wouldn't believe the chaos and general angst that it caused. Weather is such an obsession in this country, and yet most of the time our climate is pretty mild in comparison to many other parts of Europe.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
On an icy morning, I normally start the engine, and turn on the heated windscreen, rear screen and seat heatwrs, then pour some tepid water over all the glass areas and open and close the windows briefly.

By that time, the front andd rear screens and seats are warm and off I go.

Never had power mirrors freeze on me though. If they did, they would both have a bowl of warm water poured over them.

I only ever use de-icer in an emergency as it is not good for your rubbers or paintwork.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks!

I almost forgot to show you my frozen windshield. There's no source of humidity inside the car and I only ventilate it by opening all the doors when is over 10 degrees and sunny (outside).
So why is that icy layer INSIDE of the car? :-?
QuickClear did so little of its job in about 5 minutes. How long should I wait for a complete defrost, please!? :-?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Plus these:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
It depends how thick the ice is. Light icing will clear in a minute or two but heavy icing will take as long as it takes.

Thats why i pour warm water over it and warm the screen with its inbuilt heater.

Turning on aircon will lower the humidity of the air too.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
212 Posts
A new wave of snow came yesterday so I decided to show you(again)how a pretty thick layer of fluffy snow sits on a B-MAX.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts