Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it should be obvious. But I found that inserting a screwdriver into the little gap on one side of the plastic cover plate, and trying to lever it out, is damaging the plastic. So I've left it alone for the moment. Any advice anyone? Maybe use a knife on another edge - but which one?I want to fit the fronttow
ing eye to strap down the front of a SUP paddle board, that will be put on my new La Prealpina roof bars.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Try a trim removal tool made out of plastic. You can buy a cheap set on line in different shapes and sizes that won't damage paintwork.Edited by: Skelly

·
Registered
16 Posts
HI Brian, did you not get one with the car?It should be in the bit in the boot with the balloon blowing up kit (puncture repair kit)

Cheers John

·
Registered
453 Posts
John TS said:
HI Brian, did you not get one with the car?It should be in the bit in the boot with the balloon blowing up kit (puncture repair kit)

Cheers John
I think he's asking about removing the trim piece on the front, not the actual eye.

though do note, Left Hand Thread!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gremlin said:
John TS said:

Cheers John
I think he's asking about removing the trim piece on the front, not the actual eye.

though do note, Left Hand Thread!

Yes indeed, there is or should be a plastic device in the kit for that purpose.

Cheers John

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the trim removal tool idea, guys. I had the eye already - but not a trim removal tool. Anyway, I seriously bent the little cover by trying to lever it out with a screwdriver in the slot provided (I put protective tape on bumper). So I took it to my local coachworks who had replaced the wing earlier. The handbook didn't say it had to come out straight. It was really stuck in, but the plastic recovered and I will file the locking edges down a bit before replacing. I use the eye to tie down the front of a SUP board that is only 4""�shorter than the car - now in frequent use.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ok, I checked, and yes I have the towing eye (I knew that) but cannot find a trim tool.
what does this magical beast look like?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gremlin said:
ok, I checked, and yes I have the towing eye (I knew that) but cannot find a trim tool.
what does this magical beast look like?
I checked as well. Only got the towing eye.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Would the corner of a credit card or icescraper get in there?

Have a poke about in the kitchin or garage and see whether you have anything.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the idea. I tried a credit card but it just bent, in spite of me filing the cover locking bits to loosen them. Anyway, I've ordered a set of nylon trim removal tools from eBay. Will be useful for other jobs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts