Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My used 2014 B-Max 1.6 Auto came with front and read parking sensors.

Recently, after being static for a week, the front parking-sensors started making a long-short (beep-bip) noise for no obvious reason. They still work when parking nose-in, but also do the beep-bip when stationary, or moving slowly or fast (Grr!).

I've checked and cleaned the sensors but no improvement. When I pushed-one out, I found it wasn't a "normal" Ford sensor but an aftermarket one (similar L-shape, but only 2 electrical pins, not Ford's 3). After this, I found that the unit had been spliced into the fuse-box using a "fuse-double" socket. If I pull the front-parking's fuse the beep-bip stops, but the sensors also don't work:

1. Does anyone recognise the fault, or know who made the after-market unit? Maybe its manual will help.
2. Does anyone recognise the after-market 2-pin parking sensor? Perhaps swapping a new-one on would help diagnose the problem.

Thanks!

JDM123

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've fitted after market sensors on a couple of cars, and they only came with two pin connections.
Maybe water has got in somewhere ? There are lots of makes available, and they are relatively cheap.
It's just a case of getting a colour match.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally work and the weather have cooperated and let me investigate again!

I've been able to get the sensor out and read the part-number (split across 2-lines):
#b6c-0
There are some photos attached.

I've tried a bit of googling and checked Amazon and E-Bay, but not yet found them. Knowing my luck, I'll find them after I've posed this!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.