Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, I'm new to this concept so please go easy on me. I have a 13 plated B max which has developed an annoying rattle at the front end which is constant on bumpy roads. Passed its MOT no problem. Just been serviced today and nothing untoward found. Can anyone help please

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
A bit more info on this one needed Johnny if we ate going to come up with any suggestions. Rattles can be very difficult to diagnose as they move around the car. Is it coming from the steering, suspension, under the bonnet or within the car? Does it happen all the time? as fast or slow speeds? just on light bumpy roads, etc?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay. It seems to be under the bonnet / behind the dash. Nothing is felt by steering, handling or braking. At first I thought it might be the build quality but I now doubt that. It occurs at any speed and mostly on poor road surfaces.
Hope this is of some help to finding a solution

·
Registered
712 Posts
Maybe it's not this, but I had a rattle which turned out to be the coolant expansion tank vibrating (more noticeable on tickover actually.) A bit of folded paper shoved into a gap between the tank and the bulkhead solved the problem !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts