Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Anyone else had a problem with front doors not opening when it's frosty?

I'm on my 2nd B-Max and had exactly the same issue with the first one - essentially when the temperature drops below freezing, neither of my front doors will open with either internal or external handles... This necessitates a fairly awkward and undignified entry (and exit!!) via the rear sliding doors as nothing will open the doors until the temperature rises.

This didn't happen the first winter that I had either car (probably because the car is very dry when it leaves the factory) but did the second year I had both cars after about 10-12 months of use. On the first car ford carried out a "modification" to the front doors (essentially fitting some form of internal drip shield and drilling extra drain holes in the door). Not sure about the second car yet, but I'm currently spending this frosty morning at the dealer to prove that the problem exists (otherwise I get the car back with a "no fault found" report as they are able to easily open the door when the cars been sitting in their nice warm garage!!)

Cheers, H

·
Registered
242 Posts
Alright H. Now you shouldn't have to, however. A trick of the trade would be to go around the door rubber seal with a rubber friendly oil or even better but tricky to find is silicone oil/spray. Put this on both the door and car rubber and this will stop it from freezing shut. Like I say, you shouldn't have to but it will be quicker and less stressful than waiting for the dealer doing a right job on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a similar problem although it's just the drivers door, it happened on Friday and yesterday and no doubt today, it took 6 hours till I could open the door! Going to Ford today to get it sorted will let you know H how it goes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts