Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've been driving a 61 plate Fiesta for the past 6 years and it handles better than anything else I've driven in 40 years of motoring. Corners like a dream and I've never found myself wanting for any handling going round bends at all, unlike some other cars I've driven.
Has anyone else converted to a B MAXfrom a MK 7 Fiesta and can say how the handling compares and whether there is much more body roll, etc.

Also thought it worth posting recommended running in periods found elsewhere on the forum for anyone interested:
Tyres:: 300 Miles
Brakes & Clutch : 100 miles (town) / 1,000 miles (Motorway)
Engine : 1,000 miles

Thanks

Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
712 Posts
I also went from a Fiesta (bought from new 2009) to the B Max. My fiesta was in my local Ford dealers for it's 3rd service and there was one in the showroom.
I had time to kill, so I had a good look at it and thought "this is my next car !" I kept the fiesta till 6 yr old and traded it in for my B Max.
The higher driving position is good and I like the lack of a B pillar for ease of access, as we have grandchildren in & out and an elderly parent.
Body roll is, to me, no different to the fiesta even though it is a higher car. No doubt the Torque Vectoring Control is doing its' job.

Also went from a 1.4 diesel in the fiesta to the 100 /1.25ps ecoboost engine which is a better engine with more response.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John, the fact that you noticed little or no difference in body roll is a reassuring. Whilst my Fiesta is a 1.25, I test drove the 1.0 125 BHP Fiesta and found it very able and quiet too.
Had a MK 6 Fiesta before the current MK 7 and the MK 7is a far superior car to the MK 6.

I really like the radio on the Fiesta (Zetec) and am wondering how I will get on with the Sony in the B Max. The Sony seems to have very small buttons and looks quite cluttered by comparison, but I'm sure I will get used to it.

Looking forward to delivery.

Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
712 Posts
The Sony DAB radio has excellent sound quality. Don't worry about the array of small buttons, which you tend not to use very much. You have the buttons for channel up/down and volume on the steering wheel, which are used more frequently.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hywel S Wales said:
The Sony DAB radio has excellent sound quality. Don't worry about the array of small buttons, which you tend not to use very much. You have the buttons for channel up/down and volume on the steering wheel, which are used more frequently.
yep - That's what I was thinking.

I've not used DAB before, so it will be interesting to test the quality of that. I also read somewhere about DAB signals being in blocks, which is new to me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You dont actually need to worry about the DAB radio station being in blocks because the Ford radio automatically retunes to the next block when the signal level drops below a usable level. The only time its a real problem is if you enter an area where no DAB signal is available which I have seen in remote parts of the country.and also in some cities strangely enough.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I do get a few drop outs on DAB when I'm driving around but not too many that it annoys me. Certainly I would rather have it with the wider range of stations than not have it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hywel S Wales said:
And the superior sound quality !
That will be interesting as I am more than happy with my zetec radio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

This is my first post and I wanted to echo what the previous poster have put.

I have just switched from a 2011 (61) Fiesta 1.4 Auto Zetec to a B-Max 1.6 Powershift Titanium. The swap was mainly due to comfort reasons (arthritis and fibro) plus I had always liked the look of the B.

Anyway, I am very impressed. There is a very slight, and I mean slight, increase in body roll if I corner sharply. But the huge step up in build quality, the solidity of the doors and the reassuring thunk when they close all make me feel safe and secure in her.

Oh, and when you pop her in to sport mode she really lifts her skirts and runs.

Economy so far is about 40mpg, best was 44. She is quieter than the Mk7 Fiesta, certainly more comfortable and fair more practical.

I'd highly recommend the change.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I agree with all previous comments, I am on my second B-Max after a Fiesta and I think it is a far superior car, the only thing I use the DAB radio for is Radio Four Extra, but I do find the buttons too small and not as good as the Fiesta ones.

Edited by: jackkook

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All sounds good. I liked my mk 6 Fiesta, but the mk 7 is a far superior car in every way.

Nice to here users saying that the b max is even better.

Really looking forward to taking delivery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts