Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something of a predicament here. Had my first service at 10,100 miles back in June, because I was embarking on a long Euro drive that would have taken me beyond the 12,500 line. Today only 3 months beyond that service I have crossed the 19,000 miles mark. Cut off for the next service is June 2015 or 12,500 miles above the 10,100 last service, which of course is 22,600 miles. Next month I am planning another European expedition to Switzerland which, depending on my mileage over the next 5 weeks, could take me beyond the scheduled service. The problem is that if I go beyond 22,600 the engine could go into limp mode, which would be a bit of a nuisance.
So things are looking a little bleak, if I do have a service before I go I will probably get home just 8,500 miles short of my third service !!! The bright spot is my tyres are wearing very well, even taking into account 4,000 miles was done on winter tyres.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am also confused about
"limp mode", maybe a welsh dragon burns your tyres? or worst still makes a decision about a car service!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
limp mode came from the Ford Service Manager, who informed me that once the service warning light comes on, you have between 300 and 800 miles before the engine power is almost totally lost/
I had thought of an overseas service, but in view of the fact I will be in Switzerland, soon erased it from my mind !!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts