Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">Will there be any of you watching the China Grand Prix this weekend ??

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
213 Posts
D_Z that's all [FTE]Far Too Early for my old bones
!
I'll get my technical adviser - 'Erindoors to set it up on summat called iplayer
No idea what that is though

·
Registered
15 Posts
I;ll be up at crack of dawn to watch. After qualifying today should be an interesting race with tyres being a bit of a challenge!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Flyboy, what is your opinion on what Vettle did last race, where he was told to stay in the position he was in (second)... but ended up racing his team mate for first place and ignoring what his pit crew were telling him on the radio??

·
Registered
15 Posts
He's a racer through and through so I don't have a problem. If a driver feels they can win and are not compromising the team thenthey should be able to race.I have a real problem with team orders.

To be the best in F1 ( Senna, Schumacher, Prost etc ) you need to have a totally selfish streak. vettal has it , thats whu=y he's one of the best.

Todays race was interesting - Ferrari managed to win without using team orders!
Makes a change!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could not agree with you more about Vettle. If Webber is going to throw his teddies out the pram (stroller) every time he does not get a win, then he has no business being in formula one. The flip side of the coin is that if the team were to have said to Vettle, "stay in second place to allow Webber to win".... then the media would have had a field day saying things like " the only way Webber can win, is by charity of the team + Vettle " ....

I do not think he will be with the team much longer, even today when Vettle was coming up behind him, it forced him into silly mistakes in trying to get away... end result was

a damaged nose cone,
a rushed pit stop
a gearbox locked in 3rd gear
tyres falling off the car.....

I mean if you believe the conspiracy theorists, you might even think that someone did not want Webber's car to finish today, and each failure was in case the previous failure didn't work...

Ahh well... 2 weeks to go until the next one..

·
Registered
213 Posts
OK, for what it's worth, I think Vettel got off lightly after the previous race. If a team has 'orders', then surely a driver should be following them, irrespective of whether he thinks he's the faster of the drivers in that team.
Yes, Vettel has the selfish streak that make champions in that sport, and I doubt very much if the media, or indeed the public hear whether he has been penalised inside the team privately until the end of this season, orif ever, unless he publishes his memoires

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vettel's Book... I bet he would buy a few thousand of them himself to make them the "fastest" selling book ever...
... sorry... had to..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep, know that feeling too D_Z
!
At least, to date the races are not like the Schumacher era, whereby it got extremely BORING
as the winner was so predictable for each race. I think that turned fans away from the sport for at least 1 season

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't agree at all about Vettel, at the time they had team orders, end of! He should not be above that, the team closed ranks on him and I was not impressed. Louis is a natural driver and for my money is a far better driver. I don't think Webber threw his toys out of the pram either. He had been instructed to turn the engine down and therefore Seb's manoevre took him completely by surprised. You have to remember that Webber crash, he is a very brave driver to come back from that and still be at his best. Was driving back from Manchester when the race was on so thankfully avoided all News Items and was able to watch the Beeb when I got back. Although I get the Sky coverage it isn't a patch on the Beeb even without Jake. Too many smart boards on Sky for my liking! That's my pennyworth.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can understand your point of view, however will the investors think the same? I do not know what they think either granted, but would they agree to keep a driver that seems to have problems race after race, regardless of what those problems are?

EvenSergio Perez, he has yet to finish ANY race (prior to China) and was even in the gravel 2 times during practice... I wonder if there are strokey beard meetings going on about him too...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I couldn't believe they wanted Perez! and yes it is all about the money! But I'm not a Vettel fan. I liked the understated way Louis celebrated? his pole. Unlike Vettel that prances around like a loon! Good we can all have different opinions though
its healthy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Next race is next week not in 2 weeks time. bahrain (if it goes ahead). Need sky sport for this one though.

I firmly believe that to be a top racer (ie championship winner) you have to be out for number 1 and thats what Vettel is. As is Alonso and even Hamilton.

Agree Webber seemed to have a bit of a crisis last time out! Wonder how long he'll stay at Red Bull. Shuld we run a sweep!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can you imagine Babs running the show.... " Never mind mark, have a cuppa tea.. " then a shocking development...... Sebastian comes in... " What's goin on? " ... all embarrassed now, babs can only reply.... " I'm sorry Sebastian.... I tried to tell you.... Mark is...... Mark is......... Mark is ....

Credits....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts