Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a new Bmax 120ps titanium with city pack (rear sensors) & some more toys & it hopefully will be delivered in three weeks. I wanted front & rear sensors however this car was on the boat & the offer was too good to refuse. The dealer has offered to fit front sensors for free providing I supply the Ford approved Xvision kit (fitting cost usually £220). Has anybody had these after market sensors fitted & are you happy with them ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum !

Don't know about the front sensors (I have rear only), so can't help you there. Hopefully someone else can.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I hve the front standard fit sensors along with the rear ones. I also have the reverse camera option, not sure if this comes as part of the rear sensor pack? But the front sensors when activated appear (and bleep in a different tone) in the top left corner of the screen. As I say I am unsure if the sensor pack is available without the camera.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Our 2012 B-Max was retro fitted with front sensors by the main dealer. These came with both visual and audio indicators and worked very well. Our current 2015 B-Max came with front sensors fitted as standard which have audio only but we have found them to be so oversensitive that they pick up bushes and parked cars. This continuous 'beeping' while driving has resulted in them being turned off as soon as the car is started - resulting inevitably in a minor 'ding' on the front left quarter. [not guilty].
Does anyone know if the sensitivity of this equipment can be adjusted. At the moment they seem to indicate at about 1.5 metres but I would like the distance to be about half that.
Can't find any info, by 'googling' so I am hoping someone has an idea..
Many thanks..

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I would expect parking sensors to be accurate down to 30cm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts