Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Motor Co. will halt production of its B-Max minivan at its Romanian car factory for nine days in September because of low demand, Ford Romania spokeswoman Ana-Maria Timis was quoted as saying by local news agency Mediafax.

Ford took over struggling local carmaker Automobile Craiova in 2008 and started producing its B-Max model there four years later.

Ford Romania, which employs about 4,000 people, began regularly stopping production for several days a month in September last year.

European sales of the B-Max fell 19.5 percent to 36,167 in the first seven months compared with the same period the year before, according to market researchers JATO Dynamics.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It will be like the Fusion was, "Ford's greatest secret", I meet many people who have never heard of a B-Max and it was the same when I had a Fusion.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If no one is buying,why build them?.Sounds a bit like the old automotive British Industry, where they built cars irrespective of sales.

·
Registered
16 Posts
@Jackkook: Fully agree. The advertising for the B-Max has been very one-sided (doors), thus not good enough. Those sliding doors are supposed to appeal mostly to the elderly (like me ;-). Which is probably why younger generations shy away from it.
Shame. The car has so much more to offer... My 125 hp is very sporty on the road, really great to drive and is spacey, yet not big at all. And is economical on fuel after 12.000 km. So change the advertising is my advice (and change the dashboard & navigation screen asap, but that's another issue; the new revamped C-Max is leading the way, check two of the pix shown in the link below, excuse the language ;-)

http://www.autoweek.nl/nieuws/29948...ieuwsbrief_1500&utm_content=&utm_term=a_37445

·
Registered
16 Posts
@JimmyH: Please, don't worry. You're doing a great purchasing job out there ;-)
The image mentioned goes for the Netherlands

·
Registered
106 Posts
For once in my lifetime think I made right decision, traded in my Bmax., Have no bad words of any kind,I really enjoyed my year with the lady, if I could alter anything visibility would be high on list. Being a little on the old side(84) it is not easy to twist my head around when necessary to check possible inside traffic. The very heavy centre pillar makes it difficultthe poor door mirrors seem to be wrong shape. I wonder does anyone share my views. My main mistake was the 1.5D engine without doubt the 1.6D is the right choice. The most important point-my wife loved it. But thankfully she has fallen in love with our present steed so all is well.
arm987
P S although no longer a Ford owner I enjoy this blog so much will continue to have the occasional peep, the Citroen one is not nearly as interesting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not an age thing I'm 35 and only test drove so far,
But agree about visibility to the back/side and
Strange side mirrors!

·
Registered
418 Posts
re Arm 987, mine is going as well, and I have the 1.6 diesel engine. Definitely lacks punch if you fail to engage lower gears quick enough, and I have my doubts about being able to make a standing start on an incline greater than 1 in 5.
Suzuki SX4 S Cross 4 w.d. being delivered 6/10. All the best to B Max owners, I enjoyed my years motoring as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
We shall miss your B-Max comments John, I agree with you that the 1.6 diesel is not very flexible, before this I had a1.5 diesel in a Fiesta, and I was able to tickle it away at much lower speeds than the 1.6, this may be due to its higher gearing about 200rpm less in top gear, how has your MPG been over your year ? I am getting 68mpg at present done 5000 miles, on a trip to Scotland in August 670 miles I used BP Ultimate and got over 70mpg, but due to its much higher price it is not worth buying, I usually use ASDA diesel.

Edited by: jackkook

·
Registered
106 Posts
John
You say all the things I have discovered. No doubt unless the gear leaver is used a lot the performance is poor,I thought it was the 1.5engine but you say same thing with the 1.6 D pity about that! My picasso has the the 1.6 exact same engine as used by forde and peugeot and I believe others but whatever has been done to this latest version it is a real ball of fire,am very happy. How can you keep me posted with info re your new steed? I had hoped to test the SX4 but the chance to secure the Citeron got in the way-so would really like to get an honest view on the Suzuki and I know I could depend on your view. Can you see a way for us to swop email details?
arm 987.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Although I've only driven ours a handful of times since collecting it on Saturday..the 1.0T EcoBoost 100ps seems to have some nice grunt compared to our 11-plate KA 1.3TDCi 75ps..its probably coz the heavy oil burner engine thats a weight issue..hence switching back to Petrol..

·
Registered
155 Posts
what have the last three or more comments to do about the subject header
<h1>"Ford to halt B-Max production on slow sales"</h1>

As I said previously if no one is buying, why build?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I believe this is only because there isnt a huge demand for our cars like they had hoped..production is just halted not stopped for good..as mentioned in the 1st post they regularly halt production..I dunno probably for the Romanians to get a rest or something ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry Gracow, I did not know you could only comment on the heading, I thought it was just like other sites where on comment leads to another, just like a normal conversation.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi jackkookIt is not a matter of only commenting on subject heading, although if we did adhere to this simple rule of thumb, it would make it easier if someone is looking for a "specific" issue.
Keeping to subject headings in my opinion would reduce the amount of trawling through unconnected comments, thus making it easier and less hassle to find a solution to their issue.

·
Registered
315 Posts
It has always had the two 1ltr Ecoboost engines.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts