Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford announced that it will move production of its subcompact crossover that's sold in Europe from India to its plant in Romania.

It plans to invest up to 200 million euros in the Craiova factory to build the EcoSport.

Ford's Romanian plant has, until now, been building the B-Max compact minivan and the turbocharged 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is very good news albeit a little late for me. I ordered a top of the range EcoSport automatic in August 2014. It was a choice then in the vehicle options. I was later informed that there was some trouble with the plant in India and the automatic was no longer an option. I subsequently chose the B-Max. I will not elaborate on the problems I have subsequently had and continue to have with battery drain. A pity really because I have come to appreciate and enjoy an otherwise delightful vehicle that rides and drives well. Such a shame that Ford refuses to accept and rectify a problem with the software that controls much of he vehicle. Dealerships have no idea how to deal with this software problem and with no direction from Ford to dealerships, this problem will likely continue.

For those who have had problems and been told to "make sure all windows are wound up", "lock your vehicle", "turn off bluetooth", "use a trickle charger", "go on a long run", sorry Ford, but these are not cures for an apparently inherent software problem evident since the B-Max was launched.

The vehicle is sold with Bluetooth and hands free phone use as a main attraction so why should I have to turn off my bluetooth and live without it to avoid my battery draining.

There are other problems, I am convinced of, associated with the software which controls the vehicle management system, I feel sure these could also be rectified by the simple expedient of Ford revisiting the software with a half decent software team.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.