Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Had my car for just over a month a now and I have noticed that the FordSync has an issue with the text messaging system, if some one sends you a text message the display shows your own phone number (although the text is from the sender) and if you reply using one of the pre loaded messages it sends to your own phone and not back to the sender, anyone else noticed this problem. I have done a master reset and used 3 different phones that are all fully compatibable but the problem doesnt seem to be rectified, the dealer cant shed any light on the issue either.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have an IPhone, and use a number of apps for the car.

SPOTIFY as my music source , streaming to the car via Bluetooth,
CAMARALARM, a speed camera alert app,

Now if I am playing music, and the camera app wants to say something, the music will stop, and the car will think that the CAMARALARM app is an incoming phone call, and appear on the car display as an incoming call from my own phone. Once the camaralarm app has finished speaking, the "phone call" is dropped by the car, and the music starts up again.

I believe the fault is in one of two places. Either APPLE has imposed restrictions on data sent via Bluetooth, which is why the car see's it as a phone call instead, or Ford Sync needs a software patch to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have just had a wade though the APPLE forums about Ford Sync issues, and one person has said that for the <u style="font-weight: bold;">IPHONE[/u], they have cured the 'own number coming up on the car fault' by doing the following :

1) On your iPhone: - Click Settings icon - Click the Bluetooth button - Click the blue arrow next to SYNC (assuming you're already paired) - Click the slider icon next to Show Notifications to enable2) Within the car's Sync system: - Click the Settings icon (lower middle) - Click the Phone button - Click the Bluetooth Devices button - Click your currently connected device - Click the Disconnect button - Click the Connect button - Click the Back icon (upper-left) - Click the Messaging button
Because you have changed a setting on the phone, you have to disconnect your phone from the car, tell it to forget your device, and then re-pair the phone again (as if you are doing it for the first time). The car will then pick up the new settings that you have made on your phone.
I have not tried this myself, as it's 11pm currently... lol... but I am going to give this a go in the morning , and see how successful it is.

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again and thanks for all the suggestions, I tried re-booting my phone and de-bonding etc but for a Samsung S2 it still seems to want to display my own number have tried the galaxy ace and the same result Im going to try and borrow an I-phone and see if that model works as suggested. Im not to bothered about it and will flag up with dealer again when the car goes in for its 3 month check in June. Great forum this one I have started visiting nearly every dayalways domething interesting on here.
Regards BILLY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks D Z i will also keep trying as im loving the car and would like it to be just perfect, my dealer is also looking into this but at the moment they seem a bit lost ( new technology takes time to iron out the bugs) look at the windows software still updating after 20yrs of trying to get it perfect.
Regards Billy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all
I have now tried all possible solutions including resetting phone(s) to default, a master reset of SYNC, and quite a few othet settings on the phone and SYNC but i think the problem is with the installed SYNC software as everything else works fine including listening to texts and reading them (stationary) all other phone functions like playing music or using bluetooth for other things work fine. I have emailed Ford but as you can guess not even a confirmation that they have recieved my email. There is i think a software patch needed for SYNC but Ford seem un-reachable even though the dealer is aware.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't know if it would be helpful to gather a list of phones this is happening with, so that at least we can combat Ford saying "It's your phone, not SYNC"

I have an Apple Iphone 4S, and the fault is happening with me too

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi DZ I have tried a galaxy s3, s2, ace and an iphone 4s, with exactly the same results (it displays your own number) I can play music, watch films with the sound over the sync bluetooth, play music etc and as you state above use Camsam over bluetooth. I have tried every possible solution and im convinced its a SYNC software problem. I have looked at a few American websites with this problem and it seems Ford issued a software patch to dealers and then for download to update vis USB. I will keep on searching and trying as this is the only fault i can find with SYNC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I notice some people saying that they use their galaxy ace for texting through sync but mine justo comes up not compatable for text messages. Am I missing something or is it possible to use this phone

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I must apologise, it was me that metioned the galaxy ace, in fact this phone is not compatable, I should have read my posts before posting.
Sorry for the confusion caused but i tried the ACE for connecting the phone and making/recieving calls and it works fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SHOCKED BY PHONE CALL
Had a call today from Ford following my email last week about about the SYNC problems. The young lady was very upto date on what phones work and what doesnt, she did try and tell me that the Galaxy s2 gt1900 wasnt compatable but i asked her to check again with all the phones i have tried and in the end she said it should work correctly with the texting and that she will now take this up further and report back to my dealer. The car is due its courtesy check in June and she wants me to ring the dealer a few days before to see if they have a fix for the problem, apparently this is the first issue that she was aware that SYNC doesnt work as advertised.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts