Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pair my Moto G phone to Sync for the emergency assist facility but notice that every few weeks it drops out and I have to pair them again. Anyone else have this problem.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I get the same issue with my Samsung J5 occasionally and have read of a few others with similar problems. Seems to be a software glitch either with the phones or more likely Ford sync

·
Registered
311 Posts
In previous posts, I and a couple of others had this problem when not using the car for a few days.
The only way I could resolve this was by removing the fuse (24 I think ?), then replacing.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have nothing to say... :">
Except for I paired two phones with SYNC, I lost one of them but it's still in the list. Never had any issues with the ELEPHONE P8000 (in 2017) nor Letv LeMAX 2; both were/are recognised and linked to the car in a few seconds after I turn on the bluetooth.
I use the B-MAX once a week or so.Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your suggestions. I shall carry on repeat pairing them again. It'snot too often and not too much of a problem. My Bmax is used nearly daily.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do you keep Bluetooth enabled on your phone permanently? I only mention this as I had a similar issue with my Samsung S3 until mechanic said keep your phone switched to Bluetooth all the time. It has not happened since.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
That makes sensible Willow. I have accidentally switched my Bluetooth off on the phone a few times and it has caused problems after I have switched on again.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Today's Bluetooth technology consumes about 2% of a smartphone's battery usage, so there really is no need to disconnect it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It disconnected again today and no I keep bluetooth on all the time.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Maybe you have a power saver setting, on your phone, that switches Bluetooth off at certain times and it takes time to reconnect when back in the car.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Is it the phone, or is it the car ? One way to find out is to try a different phone, if that's possible.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I switch bluetooth on (on the phone) just a few seconds AFTER I get in the car, but not always; I'd say once a month and they simply connect to eachother. On B-MAX it's checked permanently.
I'll look for the software version I have on the car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts