Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My God, will somebody please help me....... I have been happily using my sync to call and message since getting my b max. However, having upgraded to another S6 edge which I have previously had and gone back to, long story but anyway, back to the problems!!!!I saved all my numbers to my google account and then restored my new phone with my google account and all my numbers are back on my phone. Fantastic I thought. Happily syncing my fone and car I found no way of importing/downloading my phonebook. Everytime I try, I get the same message."No contacts in Sync" AArrggghhhh!!!
I have just been sat in my car after copying all of my contct to my sim card and device, and I just stumbled across something that asked if I want to download appsync(I think that is what it said) or something very similar.
So the main question is, can anyone help me upload my phone contacts and get my phone working on my B Max, before I go to my dealer for intervention.
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just remember having to delete the existing phone book. Then sync asked if I wanted to upload the contacts, in this case, from a new phone.

I assumed that sync stored the file in a folder the nameof which it took from something in the phone. So delete that folder and it needs a new one.

Failing to delete would make sync think it does not (quire rightly) have a list related to the phone now being synced.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My word, since last owning an S^ they have brought out a new software called marshmallow. Well it appears that you have to give the phone definative permissions within the bluetooth menu to access the phonebook and call register.At least it is now sorted, many thanks Makem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts