Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been using Ford Sync for the time I have owned my BMax – 5 years. I like the emergency assistance aspect and have had very few problems with Sync . Got into the car the other day and the message was EA requires a paired phone. After seeking help on this Forum and trying every suggestion, it will now NOT pair with my phone. Even tried it with my wife’s. Our phones recognise SYNC but when you try to pair it with the code provided on the car screen, both phones do not allow it because there is no prompt on the phone screen. Bluetooth works on our phones because we can send photos to each other by Bluetooth. Somebody said to disconnect the battery temporarily? I thought about the fuse 24 solution but after careful scrutiny of the glovebox fuses I cannot see any fuse 24! Any suggestions please.

·
Super Moderator
559 Posts
there is a 'master reset' option in the sync menus,
see the information displays section of the owners manual.
note if you have a built in satnav it will erase that data too, so if you have an sd card for it, ensure you remove that first.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Have you checked if there is an upgrade to the sync software ?
You can search for it online and you will need a usb stick to do the job.
I had an intermittent drop out of EA on my sync and a mate told me about upgrading the software, which did the trick for me.
The site i used was this one -- Update SYNC

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Yes I looked at the upgrade site but couldn't figure it out so gave up. I shall try again

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
Scroll down to "enteryour ford VIN"
Put your car VIN in the box.
Click "check for update".
If there is one, download it to a usb stick, instructions on how to load it to the sync unit are provided when you click on "contact us" near the bottom of the page. Follow them to the letter or it will not work.
Job done !

Reactions: Gremlin
1 - 10 of 10 Posts